Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 07:31 PM

Default turned bottom 2

2-4

great table. though i don't know which guys are the bad ones or the good ones.

limper. raiser. sb is a caller and i'm a caller in the bb with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. limper calls.

flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sb is a checker. i'm a bettor. limper is a folder. raiser is a raiser again. sb is a folder. i'm a 3-bettor.

now pause.... the turn card is going to be the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. you somehow know this in advance.

what do you do on the turn if the raiser caps the flop?

what do you do on the turn if the raiser doesn't cap the flop but raises your turn bet?
Old 10-29-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: turned bottom 2

he caps: I c/r, a donk bet here looks will probably look too scary

he raises turn: I bet/3-bet
Old 10-29-2005, 08:07 PM

If he caps I bet/call turn and c/c call river. I don't think a typical 2/4 player will cap this flop enough with AK to make cring the turn correct and having to face a 3bet some of the time. By bet/calling and check calling down you are saving a bet when behind. If he doesnt cap I checkraise turn where he will definitely be trying to charge you for the draw.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:24 AM

Whichever plan Villain has, I think there's a decent chance I'm drawing with my bottom two. As far as that goes, I'm thinking Villain generally likes his hand a little more when he's going to wait and pop the turn. But he could be very strong if he caps the flop too.

Anyway, we've got lots of outs even if we are behind. I think I like bet-calling if he caps the flop. When we lead after his flop cap, that shows a good deal of strength, so if Villain raises, I think I slow down and just call down unless I improve.

If he just called the flop 3-bet but I somehow knew he planned to pop the turn, then I guess what I need to decide is whether I want to put in one bet (with a check-call) or 2-3 bets (with a checkraise-call) or 3-4 bets (with a bet/3-bet).

I think I like a checkraise-call, but if I actually have to call a 3-bet, I'm not happy, and I'm hoping Villain is just overreacting to the way I messed with his plans or that I improve on the river.

Hmm. Maybe my hand is worth exactly two bets and I should bet-call, which doesn't open me up to a cap (as a bet/3-bet would) and doesn't open me up to a 3-bet of a turn checkraise.

All right. I'm confusing myself, so I'll stop now. I wonder if I'm thinking about this hand wrong just in general, because I think I would have gone for a checkraise on the flop.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what do you do on the turn if the raiser caps the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check and call.

[ QUOTE ]
what do you do on the turn if the raiser doesn't cap the flop but raises your turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call and river a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], preferably one that doesn't pair the board.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he caps: I c/r, a donk bet here looks will probably look too scary

he raises turn: I bet/3-bet

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think he has that's giving all this action?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:13 AM

If flop capped I'd bet/call. I can see the raiser getting aggr. with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or maybe even K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

If turn raised calldown unless a heart falls.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:35 AM

he capps i check call,

he calls the three bet i lead the turn.

i think your ahead more often than behind here.. unless he has AA or AJ or JJ. That leaves just about every other PP and ATs+ as his possible two cards.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call and river a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], preferably one that doesn't pair the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll pay you $100 to show me a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that pairs the board.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll pay you $100 to show me a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that pairs the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, my bad.