Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 04:13 PM

Default My name is Dave, and I have done the \"2/4 LHE staredown\"

In my defense, it was a long time ago... but I actually leaned over the table at stare at some chinese dude about my age, who leaned back to get away.

Fun times.

... before I knew what a douche that made me.

Anyways, anyone want to share their 2/4 staredowns, witnessed or ones you've participated in?

--Dave.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: My name is Dave, and I have done the \"2/4 LHE staredown\"

I never participated in one myself but once sat a table whereby the raiser would raise, straighten up his posture and staredown the last remaining person to act, picture a scary looking heavy metal dude with glasses and long hair.

i call it the "I am possessed, dont *bleep* with me, i listen to metallica staredown".

Needless to say, it didn't work and the dude got smoked.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:22 PM

A couple of years ago I am playing the 1-3 game at Excalibur on the last morning of the trip before I have to hit the airport. For some reason I decided to play really tight and was basically folding endlessly.

I do not remember exactly what the hand was but I had something interesting and started out the hand raising and getting reraised and basically seeing about 5 of the players at the table come along with every round until the river being capped. I do not remember exactly what the hand was but I certainly did not have the nuts on the river. 1st guy bets out, everyone fold to me and I immediatly raise him and just stare right at him. He grabs chips and plays with them and hims and haws and finally says, "You've got the XXX (Whatever the card was that would have made the full house or what ever the case was). I am pretty sure he has me beat at this point so I shrugged my shoulders and stare at him and say "Hey, you have been at this table all morning with me. What do you think?" He shakes his head like a dog just sprayed by a skunk, beats his cards on the table a couple of times and folds to me. I know he wants to see what I have but I just tossed the cards into the muck and he just about flips backwards in his chair.

For gosh sake! The pot was WAY over a $100 and he folds instead of paying another $3. I laughed for two days over that one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 05:40 PM

I stare at players when I don't have cards. I'm pretty sure it freaks them out a bit but I try not to let them find out. It's just this game I play...
Old 10-05-2005, 05:49 PM

best i've seen...a player in seat 9 by the dealer didn't protect his cards and the dealer thought he folded preflop. player then bets the flop and proceeds to stare ppl down
Old 10-06-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
best i've seen...a player in seat 9 by the dealer didn't protect his cards and the dealer thought he folded preflop. player then bets the flop and proceeds to stare ppl down

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah hell, he's so good he doesn't even need the cards.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:40 AM

I caught a staredown in 2/4 LHE from some douche who just sat down and raised every street. We were heads up on the river and the third spade hits while pairing the board. I have a Full house and I guess he hit a flush. I bet out and he stares at me and raises. He says "Ive got the nuts". I ask him if he knows what the nuts are on this hand, he looks down and at the board and I reraise fast. He reraises me again because we are heads up I reraise him. I ask him if he can beat a flush. "I have the nuts" is his response. I think he is a Live PokerBot at this point and I reraise. Finally he calls. I flip over pocket 88's for the boat and he mucks and leaves. One hand. I guess he went home and turned on WPT or something to brush up on his game.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:52 AM

I was at Hawaiian Gardens last weekend playing $4/8LHE with a half kill. This douche sat down with an Oakley shirt, a pair of mirrored sunglasses, and an Oakley hat. He had a hand-held video poker game that he would play when he was sitting out.

Anyways, I raise from probably MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I think Oakley guy was the only caller, maybe more. Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or something. I bet out and he raises me. I quickly call. Turn is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I bet out again. Douche stares at me for like a minute "Hmmm....not scared of the flush huh?" stares some more, then mucks. I laughed inside.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he is a Live PokerBot at this point and I reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

He had a hand-held video poker game that he would play when he was sitting out.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are why I love these threades.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:57 AM

Haha, same guy got way pissed when 2 people left and an old guy fell asleep, so we were 6 handed. I was stoked cause I'd get to try my 6-max skills live. This guy nearly stood up and started yelling "Seat open, 4/8 Holdem, Seat open." hahaha..B&M is fun