Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 09:38 PM

Default Two or more Loose Aggressive Players at Table Cross Post

I posted this in the Psychology Forum and maybe it didn't belong there so I posted it here. If it doesn't belong here, just let me know and I'll figure out another place. PM me if you don't want this thread bumped up anywhere. I deleted the possible psychological stuff...
Thanks...

Hiya -

Experienced something new last night and wondered if you could help me. Understand that I have only started playing seriously for a short time and I'm still learning, but this threw me a little.

At Party Poker ($.50/$1.00) I had a LAP to my left and my right in what ended up to be a short handed game (it was a full table at first then it ended up three handed). I hung on (for dear life maybe), and came out with a winning session but the swings were wicked.

I have The Psychology of Poker and am currently re-reading the section for Loose Agressive Opponents. Are there any more adjustments to be made that you have found that Dr. Al doesn't speak to? Part of me wanted to leave earlier than I did, but I wanted the experience of playing with these guys so I stayed there.

The players raised and re-raised with everything. Here were their Poker Tracker numbers if that means anything to you:

Maniac 1 (to my right) VP$IP: 81.12% PFR: 6.29%
Maniac 2 (to my left) VP$IP: 76.19% PFR: 8.84%

How do some of you adjust to them?

If this has been discussed before, don't bump the thread, PM me some search topics (I've tried using "Playing with Loose Agressive" and "Loose Agressive Players" and the posts given to me didn't give me much information). Or, if you think this post belongs somewhere else, PM me the same way and I'll work this in another forum.

Thanks for the help.

PB
Old 12-10-2004, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Two or more Loose Aggressive Players at Table Cross Post

[ QUOTE ]
Maniac 1 (to my right) VP$IP: 81.12% PFR: 6.29%
Maniac 2 (to my left) VP$IP: 76.19% PFR: 8.84%

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Boltsfan,

These two guys are incredibly loose, but their PF raise numbers are actually quite passive for shorthanded play. It looks to me as if you were three-handed with two extremely loose passive players, which is is the kind of thing that tight-aggressive shorthanded players have wet dreams about.

It is entirely possible that they opened up post-flop and became true maniacs, but this is not something to be too worried about. With both these players raising under 10% of their hands, you need to be the one who takes control here. Your PF raise should be above 20% and you should be getting cheap flops all the time out of the blinds thanks to their PF passiveness.

If you could post some Post-Flop Aggression numbers we could go into that... but with the maniacs it's generally about playing big cards and always seeing showdowns with them... Dominate them with your big hands. Also you could try posting this in the Heads Up and ShortHanded Forum, I think it would get the best response there.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:03 AM

Their post flop agression numbers:

Player 1 (Maniac 1): .94%
Player 2 (Maniac 2): .57%

My PFR number for the time we were shorthanded was 18.75%. It might be a perception thing...at the time I thought that they were raising with anything, staying too long and hitting their cards at the end that I pegged them as maniacs. I was just very surprised at their play that I may not have made the right adjustments when I needed to.

I'll post some hands in the shorthanded forum when I get the chance.

Thanks -

PB
Old 12-10-2004, 09:52 AM

Thier post flop agression is rather tame, I think this sounds like a dream table. It would be even better if you were AFTER the two LAGs, this way they can battle eachother before you decide if it is worth getting involved.

I would advise the following:

1) Play tight. But whenever you have a fairly decent hand and you can get to the flop for one bet, take the risk. What you are really doing with the occasional flop visit is keeping the LAGs from thinking you are a rock. And you never know, you might just hit with Q9s!

2) When you do have a good hand, be as agressive as you can be, while maximizing your proffit potential.

3) Be paitent. You may have to wait a while before you make your move... but it wil pay off in the end!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2004, 05:50 PM

Thanks for the tips.

I will definitely hope I meet those guys again. Is stalking wrong? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PB
Old 12-11-2004, 04:39 AM

Location: Condemned to a lifetime in the kiddie pool, where I will never make moves.

[ QUOTE ]
I would advise the following:

1) Play tight. But whenever you have a fairly decent hand and you can get to the flop for one bet, take the risk. What you are really doing with the occasional flop visit is keeping the LAGs from thinking you are a rock. And you never know, you might just hit with Q9s!

2) When you do have a good hand, be as agressive as you can be, while maximizing your proffit potential.

3) Be paitent. You may have to wait a while before you make your move... but it wil pay off in the end!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you suggesting tight play for the three handed part, or the full table?