Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Do I need to pay this off??

I'm agreeing with metetron and kirshan than this does feel like a good bluff C/R opportunity when the board pairs here.

So calling it down is probably for the best.....but I think in this case it's VERY borderline.
A more specific read here (or ideas of your recent table-image) would certainly be helpful in a case like this....but sometimes there just isn't much of a read in those areas and all we have to work with is trying to find some sort of 'best default play' against a guy with such-and-such stats.
Which I think is okay too.

I've been a call-down-aholic for far too long.
it's a bad thing for the most part. But it also gives me an idea of what some players are capable of.

Even by players with crappy stats I find that some fairly creative plays against potential weak-tight folders (such as river C/R bluffs when the board pairs) are more common than many around here might think.

For a certain type of fishy player it almost seems like 'river C/R stone bluffs' are the new black. They've been watching a lot of WPT I suspect.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:40 PM

also - banditdad strongly disagreed with my idea that checking-through on the river would be bad because of all the stuff on the board.

Am I to understand that most here agree that betting this river (at the risk of a C/R if he has a 7) is acceptable?

Since some here are advocating a call of the C/R it would seem that they find the river bet to be a given.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I to understand that most here agree that betting this river (at the risk of a C/R if he has a 7) is acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah betting the river is a no brainer - as is checking through on the flop.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you want to spew chips. Please I'm begging you, tell me where you play. I need to take your money.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you want to spew chips. Please I'm begging you, tell me where you play. I need to take your money.

[/ QUOTE ]
you've never played online poker before. this is such an easy value bet its not funny.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moderator notified

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Please I'm begging you, tell me where you play. I need to take your money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you not read the previous posts where it was suggested that these types of personal challenges and insults aren't productive?

Please consider changing your tone so as to be better respected and/or understood.

I'm reminded of a guy in the high-stakes forum named Tommy angelo who is really quite smart and has some VERY unconventional strategies for the most part.

He goes against the 2+2 grain a LOT. But his ideas are generally respected because he doesn't go around saying, "You suck and I'm great. Tell me your name online so I can take your money."

He simply presents rational arguments for why his way might be better without making it personal or taking things personally.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to do the whole e-penis thing. You don't want to play me at 10/20 HU, and that's fine. I'd play you at 5/10 if you wanted, no lower. But you don't want to play HU and I'm cool with that.

But I think it'd be decent of you to PM me what my AP username is (or any of my usernames that you've played with in the last 6 months) if you have been consistently taking my money. You don't even have to tell me who you are. I genuinely think you were just making a BS claim and was curious.

Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
great thread i must say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never been as proud of one of my own threads as I am right now.

bandit, people disagree with each other in these forums all the time. Go back to the main page and you'll see that 90%+ of threads there is at least one and usually more arguing against the convential wisdom, but this is the only one that has digressed to the highly coveted "HU RIGHT NOW BITCH" level, all because of your lack of social and/or debating skills. Intelligent discussion is the point of this site, after all. It's when you drop the level of discourse to the "maybe you should read a book" that you're going to end up getting ignored and considered a troll. Just a little tip in case you ever again find occasion where you need to interact with other people.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
great thread i must say.

[/ QUOTE ]

bandit, people disagree with each other in these forums all the time. Go back to the main page and you'll see that 90%+ of threads there is at least one and usually more arguing against the convential wisdom, but this is the only one that has digressed to the highly coveted "HU RIGHT NOW BITCH" level, all because of your lack of social and/or debating skills. Intelligent discussion is the point of this site, after all. It's when you drop the level of discourse to the "maybe you should read a book" that you're going to end up getting ignored and considered a troll. Just a little tip in case you ever again find occasion where you need to interact with other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I disagree. 2+2 has a deserved reputation for being rude, arrogant and nasty in tone. One of the reasons I havn't posted here for a long time.

However, if I was somehow rude and hurt someone's feelings then I apologize.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also - banditdad strongly disagreed with my idea that checking-through on the river would be bad because of all the stuff on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I agreed that checking the river is the best line to take. I believe, (and of course this is poker so I could be wrong) that if he has you beat he will raise if he doesn't he will fold and there are way to many hands that have you beat. I would just check the river. A9 with this board is nothing to brag about and I've seen players with villians stats play anything including suited 27 down to the river, especially after catching a piece.

I know I'll get hammered for this by all the experts who think they can get reads, but at small stakes,(and the original poster did not indicate the stakes), there are way to many players who will play down to the river hoping to catch. Quite frankly at 2/4 or 3/6 I've given up trying to put the loose callers on a range of hands.
Closed Thread