Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 08:47 PM

Default roachmony on party (berating in the chat)

so, i just started playing some STTs today, and there's been quite a bit of berating in the chat so far. is this common in the Sit and goes?

at the $109 level so far roachmony was by far the worst. he had tightish stats, so if you are in fact a 2+2er roach, please grow up. usually when people berate me i just let it slide, or maybe make some joking comment, like "yep, i do suck, don't worry, you'll get all my money soon" or something like that. but sometimes people are so persistent that if i'm not playing too many games i'll take a few minutes to tell them how stupid they are, and how its very pathetic that they're so insecure and arrogant that they feel the need to show everyone how smart they are by insulting others' play.

is this increadibly immature of me to respond to these morons from time to time? i know its not very productive, but sometimes its ammusing to me to see just how irrationally and moronically they react. also, sometimes i can gauge just how stupid they are by what they say, and that can help to play against them. usually when somebody resorts to callingg me a "stupid f@g" thats a sign that they're pretty high up on the [censored]/moron scale, and usually those guys share traits in the way they play.(at least in LHE and MTTs so far in my experience, so there's no reason to think STTs would be different for them)
Old 11-09-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: roachmony on party (berating in the chat)

chatting whether friendly or not always takes away my focus from my tables.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: roachmony on party (berating in the chat)

i agree that chatting is just a waste of your time just focus on the game an let your winnings do all the talking. hard for a player to talk with no chips an no chair. then they're just railbirds!!! CAWCAWCAW