Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 09:10 PM

Default 5/10 KK sb vs bb

2nd hand at the table, I am in sb with KK.

Folded to me, I raise 30, he calls.
Flop is Q36r.

I bet 60, he calls.

Turn is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] making two diamonds on the board.
I check, he bets 75 into the 180 pot, I make it 240, leaving me with 660 in my stack going to the river.

River is the 7o. The pot is ~680, what is your play?

Is pushing allin a good play here to get called by a Q looking to catch a bluff? Or maybe checking here is better? I know nothing about this guy, and this spot is kind of confusing now.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: 5/10 KK sb vs bb

bet 245-ish

I don't push. 4 insta calls, two pair has a decision.

If he pushes, you have a decision. Its either a missed flush and your hand is good, or he had something like 45.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:08 AM

Awkward amount left to bet/fold, so I think check/call is better.

I think the problem stems from the awkward size of your turn check/raise, which bloats the pot quite a bit with an out of position one pair hand without committing you.

If you'd led out on turn (keeping pot smaller), or check/raised enough to commit yourself, this wouldn't've been an issue.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:12 AM

I wouldn't worry about 45 here. I think 45 is more than happy to check behind with his pair and OESD. I think it's a weak Q. I think you should lead the turn for $100, and make a value bet on the river for about $150.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:22 AM

Check and see. If you lead and get raised for you stack, you are most definetely not good. You just wasted the money you bet. If you check, your opponent will bet a straight, two pair, or a bluff. Your turn check-raise freezes any queen so you can expect a check if that's all your opponent has. Hopefully you can get a showdown without putting any more money in.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't worry about 45 here. I think 45 is more than happy to check behind with his pair and OESD. I think it's a weak Q. I think you should lead the turn for $100, and make a value bet on the river for about $150.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with this logic is that I need to know he has a Q in order to lead, and I only suspect he has a Q after he calls the CR. I am CRing this turn, i dont like leading as much here. Maybe i should CR more though? After the hand that is what I thought I shoudl have done
Old 10-30-2005, 02:23 AM

I like the check raise, you can make it more, but most likely he called with it with the worst hand.

So if he has Q7, oh well that sucks. If you put him on a weak Q check call / check fold.