Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: pbdrunks on pstars is a clown

[ QUOTE ]
when your getting 2:1 on your call against any two cards Q5 is probably a coin flip, your only screwed against 5K,5A,pockets 55+,Q6+. Everything else and your getting more then enough odds for. Most hands your either a favorite or 55:45 (A2 vs Q5) or something like 60:40, or since he is raising w/ any two here because he's a good player and he knows he can't wait around Q5 is better then an average hand so you may even be best. However, your hand is not good 3 way, therefore, to make this a +EV its mandatory to raise the bb (who he even said would need a good hand to call, so he's tight, even better). Now your getting 2:1 on your money where your likely a favorite or a 60:40 situation at worst (only need 3:2, your still getting better then that) unless he picked up some monster, which is highly unlikely (20% of the time roughly) and still unexpensive because his stack is so low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for trying to explain this. I actually know all of this and I guess my only point which I articulated very poorly was that for my personal style the edge is far too slim to take a risk like this when you will find yourself in so many situations where you have either a greater edge or have to risk much less. I guess finding and exploiting some of these ultra thin edges is something that I need to do better.