Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: creative CR bluff, or chip spewing and gettin lucky?

Just seems kind of random -- Two main problems, I think, with this bluff:

1. Your preflop call was probably with the intention of bluffing on the flop if the situation looked right. But you were in poor position on the flop, and you had no idea what MP1 had preflop (could have a monster, could have AK, who knows?). So I don't like the call, or the plan.

2. MP1 is the preflop raiser, and could possibly be checking this non-drawing board with the intention of check-raising (if he is not too worried about giving a free card). I'm not saying that that is a good play, necessarily, by MP1. I'm just saying that it's a decent enough possibility that you shouldn't be betting off half your chips with basically zero outs.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: creative CR bluff, or chip spewing and gettin lucky?

I think the CR was too random. PF, I think it was a fold. Postflop, unless you had the specific read that the CO would almost never bet TPGK or that he would fold it to a stiff CR, then I think this was too dangerous. Perhaps it was a 50% play as you say, but I'd rather keep my 4525 after the posting my bb. 50% of the time you'll get called and, there's no way TQ is good: you're down to 1525. 50% of the time, you're up to 6825. I think you can invest your chips in better situations than this.

I disagree that the 800 bet into the 1900 pot is a weak bet. CO can bet AK this way on this rainbow unconnected flop. Barring a good read, I think this was a fold postflop.