Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Please Post PT Stats for the Following!

15,280 hands

3 of a kind:117 70.79%

straight:60 83.33%

flush:82 86.67%

fullhouse:73 87.1%

Total times total:1183
Old 05-03-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks.

If you would be so kind to also just give me the total of the hands for all the categories. It's called Total Times Total.

By the way, don't be so sure these stats aren't somewhat meaningful. 80% wins is approximnately the range that others have reported in the past for STR8s, Flushes, and FHs.

Here are my win percentages:

3 of kind - 73.81%
STR8s - 76%
Flushes - 66.67%
Full Houses - 66.67%

I am getting each of the categories approximately the same percentage of the time you are based on all hands played, but obviously I'm winning much less often. (IMO smaller sample and bad run accounts for it). I think both of our "percentage of times" we got a premium hand is also a hair low based on what others reported.

Given that losing flushes and FH's are generally very expensive hands, I think this accounts for a lot in my case. It is also consistent with the feeling that I've had a lot of horrible beats this year.

[/ QUOTE ]
And your total hands?

That's truly some tough luck you've been seeing whatever the sample size. However this does not explain how you can W$ASD 55% of the time. If anything it makes that stat look much worse. With number like that I would expect it to be much lower.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:58 PM

Most of your profit (winrate) is not made up by these hands IMO. I believe it's more like one-pair and two-pair hands.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of your profit (winrate) is not made up by these hands IMO. I believe it's more like one-pair and two-pair hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. My 1-pair & 2-pair hands account for 45% of all winnings.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:07 AM

Trips - 128 - 72%
Straight - 54 - 77%
Flush - 55 - 84%
Full - 76 - 90%

11700 Hands

B
Old 05-04-2005, 12:22 AM

Trips: 284 - 74%
Straights: 169 - 86%
Flushes: 182 - 85%
Boats: 164 - 87%
Royals: 3 - 100%

Hands: 33K
Old 05-04-2005, 12:25 AM

Why didn't you put what stats you wanted in your title?
Old 05-04-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that losing flushes and FH's are generally very expensive hands, I think this accounts for a lot in my case. It is also consistent with the feeling that I've had a lot of horrible beats this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

While a low win percentage may be part of the problem, it's not at all clear that it's the entire problem. Here is some recommended reading:

Denial: Part I
Denial Part II
Denial: Part III

Am I accusing you of being in denial? Yes. Looking at the pattern of posts, it seems very reasonable that you're not being fully honest with yourself. I could be wrong. It is possible that you're having just an awful run even though you are playing well. However, the liklihood of that very small. To use your own words:

[ QUOTE ]
[You are] experiencing statistical impossibility!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't get me wrong. The end goal of this response is not to demean you. I acknowledge your gambling background and your awareness of bad runs as part of the statistical variance. However, you are exhibiting behaviors which seem to indicate that you are not being honest with yourself about your poker ability. Here are two recent quotes --

Quote 1:

[ QUOTE ]
I am 100% certain this was the first impulsive mistake I've made and I got punished for it in a most unkind way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this hard to believe. "Impulsive" calls usually don't look like that one. It's most often in the form of paying off a bet that you probably shouldn't. At the time, you may have justified it in your mind, but in the adrenaline-free review, it's clearly bad.

It happens to us all sometimes. This was a terrible call, but at the time it wasn't "impulsive" because I reasoned that top pair might still be good after the river raise (he could be pulling a wacky bluff). Then I reasoned that the pot was big enough to be worth a call because of the pot size (see Ed Miller's article for a similar hopeless situation). In both cases, the after-session review proved me wrong (even before it reached the board -- the board just verified my conclusion).

Quote 2:

[ QUOTE ]
I started the year off with about a 125BB slide. IMO I was playing OK (not "really well") during the slide. I was just getting horrible cards and an amazing numbers of bad beats combined with some suspect play maybe once per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you are making excuses and over-estimating your playing ability. You would be playing "really well" if you only made one suspect play per hour.

And based on recent hands that you have posted, you are probably making a fairly large number of mistakes and you just don't know it. The time you spend justifying to yourself why you're unlucky would be much better spent studying books, reviewing your play, and doing whatever it takes to learn to play better.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. My 1-pair & 2-pair hands account for 45% of all winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

just working my way out of a 170BB downswing, where my 1pair SD% dropped to 32, 2pr to 37, and trips under 50% .. I had my share of premiums and they held up accordingly .. I wasn't playing very well though and going back through sessions I'd see a bet here, 2bets there .. but it prob added up to 40-75BB during the downswing .. granted I prob couldn't have won money during this 2.7k stretch, but I could've lost a lot less

I suspect this is true for most players when things aren't going well, I know i made some very ugly calls, and hopeless bets that I see as bad now

if you just assume that you are playing great and the deck is [censored] you, you won't grow as a player analyze your sessions, PT is very nice in that it'll let you replay an entire session with ease .. do it, take a break from playing and look at your sessions .. I guarentee you'll learn something
Old 05-04-2005, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many hands?

I only say this because if you are dead stuck on the idea that you bad results are due to bad luck if they are in fact due to bad play then you won't improve as long as you're unwilling to improve.

Keep an open mind & be humble.

[/ QUOTE ]

9765 hands

I don't think not being humble is a problem (at least when it comes to poker). [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I don't think I'm an expert and don't expect to crush these games at the highest possible rate. I just think I'm doing enough things well enough at this point to beat these micro limit games modestly and fairly consistently (especially considering I did so last year).

I am also definitely a better player today than I was even 8 weeks ago. I continue to learn and absorb things from SSH and elsewhere regularly.