Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 07:51 PM

Default K7s, and I\'m a baaaaad boy

So, I've only seen SB for a couple of orbits, but seems to be a typical fishy.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

This is a borderline call for me in this position, and I thought about it for a minute, then looked at the table stats, realized that nobody was PFR'ing, and the VPIP for the table was around 60, and called.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

I should've checked this. I know. I'm sorry.

Turn: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Straight on the board, but I've got the odds to call for the flush draw. But is SB pumping her own flush draw?

River: (16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Weak-tight call, right? As I look back over it, I realize I should've seen that Villan caught the gutshot on the turn and gone to war. But, I was so happy to make my flush, I reacted without thinking.

I hereby resolve to count to 3 before making any moves other than folding PF....
Old 04-24-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: K7s, and I\'m a baaaaad boy

Why aren't you 3betting the river again? It should be instintive...
Old 04-24-2005, 07:55 PM

Call preflop is good at this table.

There are still 3 players to act behind you on that flop, and while a bet looks tempting, the field is massive and there's only a really small chance we're ahead.

Turn fine. Easy river 3-bet with the 2nd nuts.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:05 PM

I think the flop bet is fine. It protects your hand.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:07 PM

The only street I really like is the turn.

Preflop is close. I tend to fold K8s- in EP. K9s is ok, KTs is a limp. Position is really important with this sort of hand.

Flop is a pretty clear check. Call one back to you.

Turn is SOP.

River is an easy 3-bet.

Rob
Old 04-24-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are still 3 players to act behind you on that flop, and while a bet looks tempting, the field is massive and there's only a really small chance we're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is definitely value in calling a bet here, I see no reason why you wouldn't just bet it yourself. I don't think getting raised here would be the end of the world, as you still have about 6 clean outs.

Edit: my opinion has partially shifted as I misread the fact that you have bottom rather than middle pair.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop bet is fine. It protects your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board, with this many limpers, not only does it not protect your hand (offering the field 9:1 here is not hand protection), but normally your hand isn't one that you are interested in offering protection on, since you're drawing.

Paying 2 bets with a very weak hand on this board is not fun.

Rob
Old 04-24-2005, 08:13 PM

It seems like limping with K7 suited early comes up a lot on the boards! I don't agree with the limp, but I can't disagree with your rationale, either. At least you sought out the information and made a decision based on it. In my opinion, this kind of diligence will be much more valuable than any semi-loose calls early will cost you.

I think you have to cap the river here. You've got the second best hand against one opponent. Do you really think you'll lose more than 50% of the time?
Old 04-24-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that you are interested in offering protection on, since you're drawing

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't been considering strongly enough the fact that you are probably behind, which I agree with. My preotection statement is invalid, check the fucker.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:17 PM

I have seen a lot of hands recently where people bet marginal hands on the flop. Don't do this in family pots. Save these flop bets for times when you only have 2 opponents or when 3 opponents check to you. The bet does absolutely nothing for you in this spot except make it more expensive for you to draw.

Brad