Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 10:35 AM

Default My first posting, in the correct forum

Okay, here goes. I'm new to online poker and I am playing at Pacific, in a 20-person sit-and-go tourny. I don't have the exact info here, but I'll replicate as best as I can. I'm playing very loose preflop, as is most of the table. The relevant info has BB with ~500, haven't seen them play much, they've only been in a few flops and it is now down to seven people at the first table. I limp with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from UTG+1 with ~1100. UTG+2 calls, button calls, SB folds and BB checks. so 450 in the pot.
flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ,7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ,10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet 100, UTG+2 folds, button folds and BB checkraises 500 (all in)
what do I do,
results to come, plus a surprise
Old 10-26-2004, 10:51 AM

Default Re: My first posting, in the correct forum

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, here goes. I'm new to online poker and I am playing at Pacific, in a 20-person sit-and-go tourny. I don't have the exact info here, but I'll replicate as best as I can. I'm playing very loose preflop, as is most of the table. The relevant info has BB with ~500, haven't seen them play much, they've only been in a few flops and it is now down to seven people at the first table. I limp with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from UTG+1 with ~1100. UTG+2 calls, button calls, SB folds and BB checks. so 450 in the pot.
flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ,7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ,10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet 100, UTG+2 folds, button folds and BB checkraises 500 (all in)
what do I do,
results to come, plus a surprise

[/ QUOTE ]

From context, the blinds were 50-100 and you have 1100 chips? If true, I have a couple of questions for you:

Why are you playing T8 offsuit in early position?

Why are you betting 100 at a 450 pot with top pair + gutshot versus a 3 flush?

I'd like to hear your thought process on these two points, and we can go from there.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:57 AM

Fold Preflop

Fold Postflop

Don't open limp for 10% of your stack.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:01 AM

okay, here is the surprise ending i promised. i was actually the BB, not the UTG+1
I had played 2 pots total up to that point in the tourny, when i wasn't the BB and got into an unraised pot. I was just getting nothing to play all night, and had decided that enough was enough, I was getting blinded away. That 100 bet seemed ridiculous to me. I put the guy on some like what he had, a pair with maybe one club. I reraised all in because I needed the money or I needed to stop playing for the night. I had 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I couldn't believe he called, anyways, two rags on the turn and river and I could call it a night. I realize that I need to be patient, but I new he had crap, and frankly if he calls and I lose, I can stop playing. I would have thought that I had been projecting a super-tight image, but I don't think anyone was even watching.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, here is the surprise ending i promised. i was actually the BB, not the UTG+1
I had played 2 pots total up to that point in the tourny, when i wasn't the BB and got into an unraised pot. I was just getting nothing to play all night, and had decided that enough was enough, I was getting blinded away. That 100 bet seemed ridiculous to me. I put the guy on some like what he had, a pair with maybe one club. I reraised all in because I needed the money or I needed to stop playing for the night. I had 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I couldn't believe he called, anyways, two rags on the turn and river and I could call it a night. I realize that I need to be patient, but I new he had crap, and frankly if he calls and I lose, I can stop playing. I would have thought that I had been projecting a super-tight image, but I don't think anyone was even watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to bluff a calling station.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:47 PM

Surpirse! The situation was completely different than initially described! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Like the other poster said. Fold. Fold. Don't.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]