Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Full Tilt .50/1.00 Blinds - KJ s in Early Position

ullTiltPoker Game #333926480: Table Grand Hills - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:38:37 ET - 2005/12/13
Seat 1: TuRKfIsHy ($92.55)
Seat 2: Frenchie64 ($68)
Seat 3: XxPanchoXx ($73.70)
Seat 4: sandha ($43.15)
Seat 5: vth ($67.15)
Seat 6: buddy malec ($75.80)
Seat 7: Villian ($108.70)
Seat 8: Hero ($70.45)
Seat 9: bleu329 ($120.65)
vth posts the small blind of $0.50
buddy malec posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
villian calls $1
Hero raises to $4
bleu329 folds
TuRKfIsHy calls $4
Frenchie64 folds
XxPanchoXx folds
sandha folds
vth folds
buddy malec folds
jassbowl calls $3
Total Pot $13.50
*** FLOP *** [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
villian bets $9
Hero calls $9
TuRKfIsHy calls $9
Total Pot $40.50
*** TURN *** [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
villian bets $95.70, and is all in
Hero Folds
TuRKfIsHy folds

This is a multiple part question for those of you who have time. The tabel was generally aggressive but it was a cash game which I had not been at long so I had no solid reads.
Question 1: Was it correct to call given my 2 to odds w/ top pair on the flop? or should I have maybe raised my top pair?
Question 2: Should I have called the river bet all in with top pair? Less than 2 to 1 but action still behind me and a seemingly over aggressive bettor?

Kind of a long post but I would greatly appreciate some input. Thanks a lot!
Old 12-13-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt .50/1.00 Blinds - KJ s in Early Position

Fold preflop. Play this hand from late position only for straights and flushes only.

Since you didnt, you have to ask yourself what you were hopin to hit. I think a fold after flop would be correct. Tuff to go to war with a pair on a draw heavy board that may have already hit someone. If you had your spades you were looking for, I would continue with hand.

As played, fold to the All-In.

IMO
Old 12-13-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. Play this hand from late position only for straights and flushes only.

Since you didnt, you have to ask yourself what you were hopin to hit. I think a fold after flop would be correct. Tuff to go to war with a pair on a draw heavy board that may have already hit someone. If you had your spades you were looking for, I would continue with hand.

As played, fold to the All-In.

IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely let this go UTG+1. The texture of this flop is not good for you, get away ASAP.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:00 PM

In this situation I call this flop, but many times this is a fold. villain is deep stacked and so there is value here at selected times.
The chance you are beat here is very good, and as such a river call is not reasonable. This flop is a fold for me on a tight table because tptk does little good with three to an overcard straight on the board

EDIT: This pfr may not be advisable, if you hit what you want, FD or SD, you want all those limpers, if not, like what happened, you have a good chance on most flops to be behind.

Cambraceres
Old 12-13-2005, 02:23 PM

please god fold this preflop full ring
Old 12-13-2005, 03:01 PM

Old 12-13-2005, 03:08 PM

AH...LMAO..vn picture..