Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Advice on Moving Beyond 30/60 Online

[ QUOTE ]
how bout this, im never skeptical of his bb/100 stats because i dont care.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so weird I don't even know how to respond. You don't care? Please explain. I think it's fair to say that the purpose of these forums is to improve our games -- i.e., win as much as possible. The whole point is to maximize winrate (or overall $$ if you're willing to sacrifice "rate" for gross). But to say you don't care blows my mind. Does that mean that as long as you win you don't care whether it's $100 or $1,000,000? That as long as you "know" what the right play is it doesn't matter if you actually make that play or not? What are you talking about?

BB/100 (over a reasonable number of hands) is a very good, if not the best, measure of how good a player you are. That is, whether you play well. That is, whether you know what you're doing. That is, whether you do the right thing. The "right" thing is the thing that wins the most $$. Saying you don't care about winrate is like saying you don't care whether you play well or not, in which case why should anybody listen to anything you have to say?