Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2005, 08:08 AM

Default A question: fundamentals of chip holding

Hello there,

This quesiton has been bothering me all weekend (and as you can see, I can't sleep because of it) since my trip to the Commerce Baby, Commerce! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. A strange situation presented itself and I think it's best to turn the issue over to the members of this esteemed forum to help me make my decision.

Note: Unless he wishes to reveal his identity, I will keep the name of the 2+2er involved anonymous, [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

I won't bore you with a long rehash of how the night went (see link above for the trip report, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) but at some point while watching Raptor and Usher get slaughtered at Pai Gow a 2+2er to remain nameless asked if I could hold his $300 worth of chips for him for a couple of minutes .

I was happy to grant him this favor and proceeded to watch Raptor and Usher lose several banks while waiting, [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. However, after several minutes, he had not returned or renewed our agreement. After what was certainly more than 5 but fewer than 10 minutes, he shows up and asks for his chips back.

Whoa! WHoa! WHOa! WHOA!

[img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I asked him 'you want WHAT?!? He said he is entitled to the $300 worth of chips per our original agreement. Apparently he feels that he is entitled to all of the chips I am now holding or I may 'die a horrifically painful and slow death.' He also said that he has made similar agreements with other people before and there was never any confusion - all paid him back even after he was gone longer than originally agreed.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, I asked Raptor about this and his semi-coherent response was 'Bwahahahahahaha! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] $300 in chips?! Meh.....ship it! holla!' Unfortunately I had no idea wtf he was talking about, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], as he continued to bank every hand of Pai Gow to disasterous effect.

So, I asked TheUsher and he contemplated my question for a few thoughtful moments but his attention evaporated as Raptor started pounding the table yelling, 'SHIP IT BABY! Holla Bitches!!'

So......any thoughts or suggestions? Am I a complete and utter idiot (backstabber, douche, scum of scum) for thinking since he was gone longer than the original terms of our agreement, I was on my own?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Yugoslav