Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Interesting 2/5 Top Pair/Flush Draw Decision

Live 2/5 game. Hero has $325 both villians have me way covered. Have been at the table a while and both are playing pretty ABC, although MP1 is a bit looser than MP2 for what it's worth.

MP1 limps, MP2 limps, Hero raises to $20 on the CO with KJspades, both call..3 to the flop for $67 pot

FLOP: 4s, Jc, 8s

MP1 bets 25, MP2 raises to 75, Hero?

What's my play for the rest of the hand. I think this one could go a couple different ways, just curious of what others think
Old 11-01-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Interesting 2/5 Top Pair/Flush Draw Decision

Preflop: I'd probably just limp here. If you are going to raise it, and that's a fine play as well, I'd certainly raise it to more than 20. Raise it to an amount that you think would be likely to take the hand down preflop.

Since your stack is pretty short, I don't think I mind pushing, as played. Since both Villains have you *way* covered, they may be less inclined to get involved if they don't have a great hand (they'll be scared of each other) so you may have some pretty decent fold equity from the next one to act (the last one may be another story, but you do have a strong hand).

Ryan