Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Teach me to play LAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say he's more representing an Ace or two pair. I doubt Villain folds Aces up.

[/ QUOTE ]

playing three handed i think his range of possible holdings here is WAY wider then aces up.
i really like the delayed semi-bluff when playing shorthanded in position.

the real question you need to ask is will this player fold A9 in this spot not whether he'll fold aces up.

you also have to realize alot of the time you're Q is good here.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i was thinking about in the game. turned out my opponent had AJ and called pretty quick. was happy with my read about what he had, not sure how he can call there. but ultimately, i did just about get stacked there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the turn card put a flush draw on the board or was it rainbow? A lot of players in that game will jam the turn when it adds a flush draw to their pair.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:42 AM

look he raised out of the small blind which is the worst place to be in. then he bets hard the next two bets. do you really want to play all in here on a bluff in this spot. i dont.
you had a couple hundred in before the flop and now want to go for 9,000 on a bluff. doesnt make sense.
even if you dont make these plays often enough they will have something to call anyway as people tend to believe you are bluffing as thats what they want to believe.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:26 PM

bruiser i like this hand if the villian thinks you are tight. if you are an unknown to him then im too scared any Ace will look you up here, and if that happend youll think to yourself: Jesus, this guy is a donk I shouldve just waited and busted him when I had it."
Old 11-07-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
look he raised out of the small blind which is the worst place to be in. then he bets hard the next two bets. do you really want to play all in here on a bluff in this spot. i dont.
you had a couple hundred in before the flop and now want to go for 9,000 on a bluff. doesnt make sense.
even if you dont make these plays often enough they will have something to call anyway as people tend to believe you are bluffing as thats what they want to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser I used to do what you did and then lost enough that now I don't.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:20 PM

i suppose you guys are all exactly right on this one. the turn did put a flush draw up there, the villan was an unknown, if he had known me he would have folded. i figured he was a good tight regular player cause of how he joined the table (waiting for that shorstack to sit), it's tough to call whole stack with just top pair.