Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Heads Up NLH hand

OK, I am not sure the play I made can be justified, here is the hand.

Situation My friend and I decided to play a best of 10 series of Heads Up Matches. Game 4, I lead 2-1. Live Game. Heads up. Hero has about 240 BBs, Villain has about 220 BBs

Preflop HERO dealt 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.

Hero calls BB and BB checks

Flop 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, HERO bets 2 BBs (the pot). Villain calls.

Turn 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain moves as if to check, but then instead tosses in 3 BBs. Hero raises to 15 BBs (raising the pot), the Villain just calls.

River 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero Bets 1.5X the pot, Villain moves all in, Hero calls.

Is there anything out of line about my play, something you would have done differently?
Old 11-01-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Heads Up NLH hand

Well, since I am not getting any response, let me expand what I am talking about.

On the turn play I became very convinced that he had just made a straight. Once so convinced I very strongly considered laying my hand down. In the end, I decided that I was risking about 8% of my stack drawing to 4 cards to bust him (the 6s and 9s). I thought it was very unlikely that I couldn't get all his chips in the middle if my read was correct and I were to make my hand and felt very comfortable laying my hand down on the river if necessary.

Am I correct in thinking that risking that portion of your stack is justified when the stacks are so deep?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:29 PM

HU, I call this every time. You will see a 6 here usually. All together, this is very straightfoward play IMO. Everything looks standard, nh.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:07 PM

calling the turn is fine when stacks so deep.