Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: First hand of PP 10+1

I have been playing the $10's for a while and I've seen a lot weirder plays than this. I have seen fish push with a pair of queens at this board. Not just once, multiple times. Not to mention I've seen fish call raises there with any jack or 10, or any ace. What is going through their minds, I don't know. But to put them on such a tight range of hands is going to give you a heart attack each time they flip over their cards.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:42 PM

I like the way u play the hand, I call the river, Im pot comitted.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:50 PM

I think the best line is to get all your money in on this pot if no one is anouncing they have the straight. Your flop bet was good in order to extract enough information and to see 1 more card before committing all your chips, without having committed too much of your stack quite yet. The nonscary turn was an absolute push in my opinion. It gave you the information you needed to put it all in the middle.

At the 10s, being on the flush or straight draw is enough for a lot of people to call and you'll be a considerable favorite with only 1 card to come. Often times you'd even see them call with a weak ace where you are unbeatable. If he has JT, so be it. I gaurentee you you'll make plenty of money with this line that once in the blue moon that he has the goods, it's just an acceptable part of variance.

But by not making him make a difficult decision on the turn, you gave yourself a difficult decision on the river.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:51 PM

If he had pushed the turn the idiot eould have prolly folded, he was unlucky such a tricky card came on the river.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:52 PM

I push the turn. That 350 turn bet is a pretty big chunk of your stack.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:00 PM

You'd be surprised. This is how I often play this situation and I get called by the hands I mentioned (weak aces, straight or flush draws, possibly worse). What is going through some of their minds, I don't know. Maybe an allin bet to them signifies weakness and feel obliged to call. Whatever it is, it happens.

I should've but didn't even mention this pot is already big enough to warrant pushing for. Having "the idiot" fold ain't such a bad result with a good sized pot like this.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:30 PM

I bet 250 on the turn, but yeah, I should have pushed.

Anyhow, it wasn't the raiser that I was playing against there, I was playing against the SB. The original raiser folded to my bet on the flop.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:51 PM

I'm not playing AQo in the first level to any raise.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen fish push with a pair of queens at this board. Not just once, multiple times.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with pushing QQ?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:49 PM

A pair queens including the queen on board.

Also note that if he had AA, KK, QQ, or AK, he played it horribly as well, not reraising the flop or betting the turn.

I don't think there's a single hand that you should play like that if you're villain, maybe ATs. Villain's a fish, he could have Q7, and that's what the other guy's saying.

People suck at poker. Never give them credit for being good unless they've shown you they're good.