Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 04:27 PM

Default NationwidePokerTour/wrong forum?

Not really sure if this is the correct forum but if it isnt im sure it will be quickly removed. Does anyone play in this Nationwide Poker Tour? Its a free tourney put on usually at bars. I dont think they do this in all cities. Here in Louisville there is a game everynight of the week. Its free to get in and while there is no prize at the end of the tourney, they award points. I think that at the end of the month they give away prizes based on points.

I played in my first one this week and was very impressed at how well it was run for a free tourney. Has anyone played in any of these and if so what are the prizes usually?
Old 11-19-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Re: NationwidePokerTour/wrong forum?

never heard of such a thing, but then again im in canada.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:38 PM

I've played in something similar, but I don't think it was associated with the NPT.

They weren't bad, though the chip/blind ratios weren't great and the blinds progressed pretty quickly. Majority of the players were clueless.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:16 PM

I play Nationwide every once in awhile. You play for points, 20th-11th always get .5 x # of Players , 10th gets 1 x # of Players, 9th gets 2 x # of Players, and so on. Points are accumulated for Monthly and Quarterly invites where they distribute prizes (typically you won't know what the prizes are until the day of the tourney). The website is at www.pokerplayersinc.com and has info on everything.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:21 PM

I play in http://www.pokertouramerica.com events. I started 2 saturday's ago and won, and also finished 3rd this past week. So far, it's been a great experience. One of the dealers was a complete moron who was barely paying attention and must have dealt at least a dozen exposed cards and was constantly messing up pots. Other than him, the dealers were great. You usually tip the dealer 5 bucks and anotherr 5 if you make the final table. They have a season ending tournament with the point leaders and the winner gets a seat at a WPT event or something similar. I'm only doing it because here in SoFla there is very little NL tournament action and it's a pretty good time. I'll check your links out to see if there's anymore FL events.