My stats are :

Times - 35
Win % - 20
Net - (6.75)
VP$IP - 97.14
W$WSF - 54.29
WtSD - 41.18
W$SD - 35.71

I don't really know why I'm losing (although I have a feeling it's to do with the small sample size, and will improve as time goes on).

Also, below is a hand I'd like advice on please ?

No reads yet.

Bet365 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG Calls, UTG+1 Calls, MP1 Folds, MP2 Calls, MP3 Folds, LP1 Calls, LP2 Calls, CO Folds, Hero Calls, BB Checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 players)
Hero Bets, BB Calls, UTG Calls, UTG+1 Calls, MP2 Folds, LP1 Folds, LP2 Calls.

[Given that I have 2 overcards and the Nut Flush draw, I thought I should be betting out here.
Is this correct ?].

Turn: (5.5 BB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 players)
Hero Bets, BB Folds, UTG Folds, UTG+1 Folds, LP2 Raises, Hero Calls.

[When I was raised here, I had a feeling LP2 may have had a 3 (It would seem the only reasonable hand he would raise with here. I was tempted to fold, but my draw was a strong one, so called.
Again, is this correct thinking ?]

River: (9.5 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero Checks, LP2 Bets, Hero Calls.

[I should have folded here once my h didn't come, as I was almost 100% sure I was beat. However, I was willing to pay .50 to get some valuable information for use later in the session. Should I not have done this ?]

Final Pot: 11.5 BB

Advice on all streets is appreciated please ?

Thanks.

J
Old 01-11-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: AT Suited in SB

Raise preflop.

The flop bet is good, and you should plan on reraising a raiser. You have a very strong draw and should want to pump the pot.

The turn bet is also fine. Check/call would have been okay too, but I prefer betting out. You still have the nut flush draw, and your turn bet will help clean up your A and T outs. Do not even think about folding to the raise. You should not be even remotely tempted to fold this.

Check-fold the river. In micro-limit games, it is never worth "paying for information" because many of your opponents are retards whose strategies are not even internally consistent, and you'll often never see them again anyway.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:27 AM

How about going for a flop check-raise?

If hero expected an early call this would likely maximise the number of bets in the pot before the turn.

Also, players who have already committed a flop bet will call the raise, but are more likely to fold the turn once you lead - potentially freeing up some overcard outs.

Mack
Old 01-11-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about going for a flop check-raise?

If hero expected an early call this would likely maximise the number of bets in the pot before the turn.

Also, players who have already committed a flop bet will call the raise, but are more likely to fold the turn once you lead - potentially freeing up some overcard outs.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

he has no reason to expect an early call. if there is a bet, its probably more likely to be from later position anyway. if there is no bet, he just lost some sklansky bucks. bet-3bet is much better (3-betting is not always correct).

for the hand:
MUST RAISE PF
bet-often3bet the flop
check-call the turn
check-fold river
Old 01-11-2005, 12:02 PM

Personally, the type of table I'm on is going to dictate how I play this hand on the flop and turn. I've not played those limits at Bet365, so my lines might not apply.

Preflop: Easy raise (I'm sure there are tables/limits where giving up EV by not raising may have it's uses, but I'm just as sure .25/.50 isn't it)

Flop: What kind of opps am I up against? Are there any maniacs at the table? Lots of calling stations? Where are they sitting? What's my table image? How have I played my 4 flushes and small pocket pairs, if any, thus far? Without this information, it's tough to choose the *best* line, imo.

On a passive table (crypto 1/2, stars, etc), I check pf and raise no matter where the bet comes from. If it's bet in lp, I may lose a caller or two, but my overcard outs should be considerably cleaner, not to mention gutshots that might have called (quite possibly correct w/ the implied odds) may fold.

On an aggressive table, I like btspider's line. If flop raises are common, I'm going to bet and hope I can 3 bet to build the pot.

Turn: I check/call here on most tables. Once you're raised, you have to call.

River: Most everyone is advising you to fold to the river bet, but you have to at least consider other options, and more specifically, the player you're up against.

I've run across quite a few low limit players who will raise you on the turn with any seven, pocket pair, smaller flush draw, or pure bluff (that 3 is a great bluffing card) if they think you've been betting missed overcards or that flush draw (what's your table image?). Many of these same players will bet the river if they think you wouldn't call without a 9,3, or high pocket pair, regardless of their actual holding. If you're up against one of those players, you HAVE to call that river bet often enough to make their bluffs mathematically incorrect.

Had you check/called the turn, you're often going to showdown for 1 BB cheaper while sometimes inducing bluffs from certain player types who otherwise might have folded to your bet. Against many players, checking the turn actually gains more than betting all streets when they bet hands you beat that they otherwise would have folded.

Against your standard low limit player, you can fold this river without too much thought, but if you're observations to that point lead you to believe that this player could be taking a shot at you, you have to at least consider calling.