Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The advice presented in small stakes tends to be too:
Passive 8 13.56%
Aggressive 51 86.44%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: 5-10 NL Hand at the Wynn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, as I had planned, everyone assumed the QQ holder was me. It wasn't. I was the player in the BB, and I had AA, which of course, got cracked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, so what the hell was the point of this post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading comprehension is obviously not a skill you posess. Put the axe away, and pay attention. You might learn something.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I get paid to make good decisions, not win pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that quote and will try and remember and incorporate that into my play. You can control the decisions, not the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, I'm nowhere NEAR the originator of it, but I'm glad I could bring it to your attention. Actually buying into it fully is the hard part, which brings me one my favorite poker quotes, from Jesse May's Shut Up and Deal (not verbatim);

Mastering the skill is easy. It's mastering the luck that is hard.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your initial call of MP's raise to $40 in OK. But it is not to "trap" like you say, when an A or K flops about 35% of the time who exactly did you trap?

When the BB makes it $120 to go, you're clearly getting odds to call and hit your set assuming BB to have at least 100BBs, but yet you opt to reopen the betting and put close to 1/2 your chips in the middle with QQ. Awful.

Call the $120. Default play is to fold any flop without a Q when the BB bets 3/4 pot or full pot.

Given the way you played it, you might as well call with the odds you're getting on your money. You're behind right now most likely, but if you're gonna put 1/2 stack with queens, might as well dance for the whole thing.

Peace out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some good analysis in here, although I don't fully agree with all of it.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:59 PM

What hand range can you put the reraiser on? If he hasn't shown down a hand, how confident are you that JJ, TT and AK are in his range? I fold and take a walk for playing QQ that way.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:22 PM

alot of good players will reraise with ace king or even alot less when they suspect players will be laying down big pairs when getting 3 to one. thats the better play. if you guys are getting that much in and dumping to an all in that easy you arent going to win in bigger games or against better players.
and with the QQ raise you do want everyone to fold, thats why you would make it in the firest place and knowing that only better hands or better players may come for it. then you need to sort out which it is if you get played with.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:29 PM

but to clarify in this hand i would never have raised back. and called only to try to hit a set or get an indication that i could win the pot after the flop
Old 06-10-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Way to trap yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
nh [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]