Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Trying to plug some holes.

First time post for me as well...I'm not claiming to be an expert with MTTs but just by your description it sounds like you're not stealing enough once you get a big stack at the table. Once blinds hit 50/100 I try to pick up the blind stealing and get heads up in as many hands as possible. Observation is important too, try to figure out what kinds of hands opponents will raise with in different positions and evaluate your options when the situation arises. You're going to have to gamble a little too, win some coinflips, to get a stack that will carry you to the final table. There's a good post by eMarkM from a while back (I think that's the right user name) about MTT strategy, I don't have the link on me because I'm on a different computer, but you should be able to find it.

Sorry for such a general response, I'm sure others will be able to explain in more detail. Also, if you haven't done so already, read Harrington on Hold Em, it helped me out a great deal in the thought process necessary to evaluate different situations and to avoid the position you end up in...short stacked and forced to push with hands you might not play otherwise. After reading it I finished 2nd and 5th in two MTTs in three days (before this I only made one final table, and I barely made it at that). Good luck.