Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Should I go pro (one year later)

The answer was yes. I made a thread about one year ago, which is linked in lorinda's sticky, where I asked the forum if I should go pro. I got tons of great advice and a few flames as well. I would like to thank Microbob, your perspective was very valuable as was your patience for this n00b. To all you who flamed, [censored] you (except sponger--you may have flamed me a little bit but your hilarious posts make up for it). To all of you who wonder if you should go pro I have one piece of advice. I never would have made it if I didn't have a bankroll of 600 BB and one years worth of living expenses in savings. I may have made it with 6 months of living expenses saved up but the one year that I had gave me tons of confidence which I can't calculate the value of.

One more piece of advice, listen to Ed Miller. Read everything he writes. Especially in the 2+2 magazine. Ed Miller, I need to thank you as well. Without your work and amazing level of honesty, many of us would not be here today. Not bad for a 26 year old kid. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Of course my thanks also goes out to David Sklansky for being the OG and writing the Theory of Poker. Mason Malmuth for your Poker Essays. John Feeney and Alan Schoonmaker, both of your works were seminal in my development. I would like to buy all of you a beer some day. (or several and a hooker--if you're in to that).

Lastly, I would like to thank all the kick ass posters here on 2+2. This site is pure gold and most of you have a lot to be proud of. 40,000 strong, this is the strongest force in poker.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Should I go pro (one year later)

Grats on making it, how much did you make if you don't mind me asking!
Old 09-17-2005, 07:36 AM

Nice that you make it. Guess it would be a good idea to save a few winnings and invest them so you can build up a second source of income. Wish you a good second year.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:01 PM

Congrats. Great advice on having living expenses saved up on top of a good rankroll. If you are going to bonus whore more money is needed.

Big downswings are stressful enough as it is, but if your rent/mortgage rides on it, I can't imagine the pain.

Good luck!