Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Damn Hard Decision

Who would fold here? I could not fold this. How bad is this?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($55.10)
MP ($79.85)
CO ($42.54)
Button ($36.50)
SB ($131.45)
Hero ($87.38)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, CO calls $1.

Turn: ($4.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $83.88 (All-In), CO calls $35.04 (All-In), SB calls $65.88.

River: ($217.30) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $217.30
Old 12-22-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Damn Hard Decision

i'm not folding this... but i think you should have played the hand more aggressively.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:01 AM

I think you can make a fine case for folding here, whether or not it is correct. You have 3$ invested and youa re facing a raise and a reraise to 20$ cold. I hate playing for a chop, and while you do have equity vs. a set, its just so easy to be drawing nearly dead and not know it vs. one opponent, and the other having 9 outs to a boat vs. you. Trust me they see the 4 card straight. I'd really be lookin for some reads here before I shoved.

Given all that though, I can see myself easily going broke here.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:11 AM

yeah, going broke is exactly what i did, 68o NH then reload. the way i saw it was that the best hand i was going up against here was 67 w/ a flopped straight slowplayed. but of course i was wrong. i mean how often does villain have this exact hand? i figure that at this level, were splitting the other donk's two pair money etc.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:28 AM

If you had raised the flop, 68o would be making a bigger mistake to call, and you would probably have cleaned up your straight outs and won the pot. Pair+draw is a powerful hand. That said, if 68o cold calls that flop (unlikely IMO), I'm absolutely losing my stack here. That is what buddy lists are for [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You can't really complain here because you gave him pretty good odds (and perfect implied odds) to call the small flop bet.

[ QUOTE ]
i figure that at this level, were splitting the other donk's two pair money etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is an awful reason to call an all-in. You have invested like $3 dollars. If you think you are splitting, get the hell out.