Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Small Blind Plays

so, i play partypoker in front of my friends sometimes. and i tend to fold small-blind unless i have some kind of decent drawing hand or pocket pair. my friends allways make fun of me, saying im uber tight. but isn't it right that completing sb with rags is -EV? plus i have a vpip of 30, which im pretty sure by 2+2 standards is not tight at all. what is the general consensus on this?
Old 12-10-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Small Blind Plays

a. unless your friends are amazing at poker, dont listen to them. They are probably wrong.

b. Being in the SB sucks, but I think you should complete in a limped pot with A-Jxs, SC, offsuit connectors, small pp, maybe some suited gappers. Look for hands that will hit big flops and will give you good implied odds. Dont complete everytime just cause your friends thinl you should.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Small Blind Plays

I complete probably around 35% of my SB hands. Somewhere between 30-35% is a good estimate. You should definitley open up your standards from the SB.