Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
So you tell me, what was happening on that turn, were you bluffing? Not wanting to give a free card?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little from column A and a little from column B. I figured I was probably calling so I migh as well bet in case he'll fold and/or in case my ace is better (so I don't give a freebie or potential freebie to KJ or whatever). But...

[ QUOTE ]
I never take your line because, even now as I look back on it, I can't figure out if we are value betting or bluffing. And when I don't know that, I make more bad decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

This struck me as a good observation and one that sort of sums up the rut I'm in lately - making moves bc they feel right w/o a concrete reason why and then being in a fog later. My instincts are usually correct, but sometimes I still do stuff like this w/o thinking it through and it hurts. Anyone understant what I'm talking about or I'm just an idiot?

Jeff
Old 12-07-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: How Often Do You Donk The Turn Here?

Jeff,

[ QUOTE ]
I decide to just call (usually 3-bet here). Anyway, flop comes 6 6 4 . I check, cutoff bets and I call. The turn is the 10 and I bet

[/ QUOTE ]

That's hot.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

I rarely get to see hands like 99 played in the way you describe, but if I did, I'd probably go the 3-bet preflop, call flop, call turn, fold river approach unless the board was a bit more drawy. I think 99 caps often here PF, and will wait until the turn often if he calls PF. Either way, on this partucular board, I try to grit my teeth and fold on the river unimproved.