Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: 75-150 Stud: Running a Bluff With Scary Board

[ QUOTE ]

One way that I thought about playing the river is to put your bet out in front of you, and scream at the top of your lungs: "FOLD!!!!!!!!!!" But, this actually might have worked better on 6th.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is honestly the funniest thing I've read all year. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Jeff. Why does everyone in this thread favor bluffing so much here? What, you have no showdown value with a pair of nines? The way I see it when he calls sixth he most likely has 1.) a pair (likely lower than nines) with a spade draw 2.) a hand like two pair that hes not folding for one bet on the river once he calls. Given that I think these are his most likely holdings I cant say I like the river "bluff" at all when he checks to you. Is my stud game atrophying due to too much hold'em lately or what? I've read all the responses and why am I the only one that thinks this is a clear check? "Bluffing" just cant be right here.

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, I missed the fact that jeffage had a pair of nines.

PS, tell everyone the good news.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:48 AM

Bluff might be the wrong term, but I believe that I am "bluffing" by betting the river since I doubt he calls 6th without two pair minimum. Yes, he may have picked up a spade draw but I don't think he labors as long when facing my bet if he did. That's why I put him on two pair or (outside chance) trips. So I sorta had no doubt I am betting the worst hand on the river.

Jeff
Old 11-14-2005, 11:10 AM

Seems like just a feel call. From here, it seems unlikely he'd fold any hand that beats you, although he might call with a couple that you can beat.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:36 PM

I check the river. I think he is calling a bet if he has you beat. However, if he was on a flush draw and missed, your pair of nines will win. I don't see much expectation out of betting the river. There aren't too many hands that he's going to fold to a bet except those that you beat anyway. (maybe jacks, but I think he would probably call with just jacks here too since the pot is big and he called on sixth)