Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Shouldn\'t have capped my kings?

UTG is loose normal but doesn't bluff
SB is loose passive

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Was I right to cap?

I assumed UTG wouldn't have bet into me with a strong made hand. I guessed he had a pair most of the time when he bet into me. After the 3-bet I feared two pair and a set as well.

SB is probably drawing. Maybe to a gutshot or something.

Does my capping give me advantages on later streets?
Old 08-26-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Shouldn\'t have capped my kings?

it's hard to tell what he would play the way he did. i guess both JJ and QQ are reasonable. AJ and possibly KJ too. AK is another possibility. I think you're right to cap this, but if he bets into you on the turn you should prolly just call down. and if you're check-raised on the turn you're prolly toast but will have to call down anyway. tough beats.

SB could be on AK/AQ or, if he's wild and crazy, stuff like JTs QJs, various other connectors or even Axs. It's also likely that he's on a pocket pair.

Anyway i think you should cap it. Charge maximum from those aces.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Shouldn\'t have capped my kings?

the cap is good.... if he leads into you on the turn just call down.