Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Good laydown KK?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

2 villains are very LAG raising/coldcalling any A hand preflop and typically slowplaying big hands or aces postflop (very nice of them).

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

After the 2 calls I start not to like my kings but there's always the flush draw possibility

Turn: (6.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Any reason to bet here? I can't see anyone folding their Ax or flush card and I fear a C-R.

River: (6.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

No problem calling this HU but with the MP behind me I don't like it. Too weak or good fold?

Final Pot: 8.66 BB
Old 07-31-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Good laydown KK?

I call this and fold if MP raises. If you lost, you got away with it very cheaply but there is a good chance you win.

MP as LAG-openraiser can have a wide range of hands, so does CO when he coldcalls any A hand preflop. He will coldcall a lot more than that. It sounds a bit like you want us to say that it was a good fold with your reads.

Remember that noone liked their hand after the flop so folding KK seems pretty weak for 1 bet.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:15 AM

I'd bet the turn. Many of these players will peel the flop looking to improve, and you'll get paid by nearly any [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Given that your opponents are LAG, if I don't bet the turn, then I'm definitely calling the river because I'll often induce a bluff from a mediocre made hand or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] that whiffed on the river.

Surf
Old 07-31-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds a bit like you want us to say that it was a good fold with your reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. I think I miscalculated the pot odds and folded. Anyway I wanted to confirm that it was not correct.
In the hand I was lucky: MP had 77 and CO had 66 for a flopped set (!!) which proves that my reads were not accurate enough. Although I was correct about the idiotic slowplaying plan. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]