Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: HULA ML Cleanup

I personally object to waiting, and waiting, and waiting all this time and all the weeks before that drug out longer than they should and NOW having the matches played while I'm unavailable. Just my 2 cents. I was excited about the opportunity to work on these skills. The experience has been disappointing.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:39 PM

I was under the impression that Dave44s team got in the playoffs due to the makeup matches in this thread...
Old 10-20-2005, 07:00 PM

isn't there 5 4-2 teams??
Old 10-20-2005, 08:36 PM

yeah. i don't blame you on this and don't have a better solution to offer.

obviously this whole thing got delayed MUCH longer than it needed to....and there's little doubt in my mind that if we have another one that we should just ban ALL delays no matter what the situation.

It gets drawn or decided on way or the other and we move on to the next week.

For the playoffs, we are either going to have them or we aren't.
If we are going to have them then I suggest we have them as quickly as possible and do the best we can with it.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:41 PM

Here's my take.

First, it appears Timprov has given up on this, as he has posts on 2+2 since his last post in this thread.

I think there are 5 teams with 4-2 records.

Since bds has been the strongest voice in keeping this tournament on track and her team qualified it sucks to hold playoffs where she wouldn't be able to participate. On the other hand, I don't want to wait two weeks and then start the playoffs. This has gone on long enough.

My preference is to split up the prize money between the 5 teams, captains take 140% team members 90% of a 1/5th share of their team's prize money.

I would like to participate in something like this in the future but the administration needs to be much stricter, verging on the draconian. I think the use of read receipts should be a part of the process and the commissioners should make rulings about when a substitute needs to be called in. But, I guess all of that is pretty irrelevant right now.

raisins
Old 10-20-2005, 10:58 PM

I really don't want to be the grumpy person who screws up the end of this. I don't want to be the person who prevents the playoffs. If the other captains want to do playoffs, and if someone else from my team is able to stand in until I can give this some time, then I can live with that. I'm just cranky cause too much too do, and too little time- leaving no time for poker, which actually generates more income - the irony

I agree 100% that we need stronger administration in the future. Frankly, I'm concerned about timprov, because it is not like him to "disappear" like this. He voluntarily kept the records, etc. Does anyone know Tim? I'd like to know if he's ok, etc.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and her team qualified it sucks to hold playoffs where she wouldn't be able to participate.

[/ QUOTE ]

not having the playoffs does not solve the problem of bds being unable to participate in them.
obviously, bds still would not get to play in the playoffs if we didn't have them.

So really...not holding them would just be saying "well...bds can't play in them. so lets just not have them in bds's honor."

FWIW - I'm playing in the Ireland EPT qualifier this Saturday. The tournament would be next weekend. If I somehow won the package then I would likely be missing the playoffs as well.
I don't think that (or any other situation where I would be unavailable for them) should prevent everyone else from having the playoffs.
I would just say 'oh well...guess i'm out. have fun without me.'

so obviously i vote for still keeping the playoffs.
but whatever everyone else decides is fine with me.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:16 PM

I don't think it was unreasonable of you to think this would be finished by now. I think sine we have matches still unplayed (i believe) and 5 teams with the same record (if that's true) then we should just split up the prize pool accordingly. It sucks not to get to do the playoffs but it seems like it will be logistically pretty tough with now 3 admins absentee.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:19 PM

Bob,

You are right, I was just feeling sorry for myself (too much to do, can't do what I'd love to do, poor me, etc. Not a very flattering place to be and I'm pulling myself out of it - so excuse me please.) And my son could (I think) substitute for me, cause it appears that timprov is also unavailable. That is if noone would mind the substitution and he's agreeable.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it was unreasonable of you to think this would be finished by now. I think sine we have matches still unplayed (i believe) and 5 teams with the same record (if that's true) then we should just split up the prize pool accordingly. It sucks not to get to do the playoffs but it seems like it will be logistically pretty tough with now 3 admins absentee.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the previous standing. goofball and dave 44 winning makes everyone 4-2.

goofball 4-1 (14-14)
ihardlyknowher 4-2 (16-14)
raisins 4-2 (15-15)
bds 4-2 (15-15)
dave44 3-2 (17-11)

Dave44 and ihardlyknowher are a lock for the playoffs. raisins and bds have played all their matches, so no update there.

goofball: can you please tell us your win-loss scores as (x-y) and tell us what matches have been played by your team that brought you from (14-14) to (x-y)?

If we can figure this out, as Microbob said, there is no reason to split the money now. We should start the playoffs and finish it on schedule, with strict rules.

If we can't, well, there is no reason to hold this up any longer, and we should then split the money now.