Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Re: HULA ML Week 6 is finally here!

[ QUOTE ]
why was he banned??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, why? The guy's awsome!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:08 AM

He posted an evil link that pwned OOT
Old 10-04-2005, 01:30 PM

Perseus defeats Argus by getting so rediculously lucky you guys couldn't even fathom the rivers I hit.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:31 PM

Perseus is good at hitting. I'm very good at paying off.

Perseus defeats Argus in a swift 25 minutes.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perseus is amazing at being a super lucky LAG . I'm very good at losing on the river to crap cards .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-04-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why was he banned??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, why? The guy's awsome!

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. alobar's super helpful and contributes a ton here. if they keep the ban up permanently they're doing everyone a big disservice.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:01 PM

This week 6 thread started September 20. It is now October 4 and two full weeks later. I am respectfully requesting that the commissioners answer a couple of questions.

1. How long do we wait for week 6 to end?
2. How long do we wait for matches from any week not yet played to be declared forfeits?
3. Timprov has offered to step up to the plate and take on the commissioners' tasks if the current commissioners are not able/willing to finish this out. I'd like a determination on this also.
4. Prior discussion about how the playoff would be handled seemed to be that team 1 would play team 4 and team 2 would play team 3, and then the winners of those matches would face off the following week. Is this how it is actually going to happen?
5. For playoffs, how is the "home team" decided?

This has been a great learning experience for me, and I appreciate all the effort thus far and understand that it is all volunteer effort - but I would like to finish this up and would like to understand clearly how that will happen.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This week 6 thread started September 20. It is now October 4 and two full weeks later. I am respectfully requesting that the commissioners answer a couple of questions.

1. How long do we wait for week 6 to end?
2. How long do we wait for matches from any week not yet played to be declared forfeits?
3. Timprov has offered to step up to the plate and take on the commissioners' tasks if the current commissioners are not able/willing to finish this out. I'd like a determination on this also.
4. Prior discussion about how the playoff would be handled seemed to be that team 1 would play team 4 and team 2 would play team 3, and then the winners of those matches would face off the following week. Is this how it is actually going to happen?
5. For playoffs, how is the "home team" decided?

This has been a great learning experience for me, and I appreciate all the effort thus far and understand that it is all volunteer effort - but I would like to finish this up and would like to understand clearly how that will happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Timprov can and prob should take over.

I'm fine with it and assume Witeknite must be too. I initally told Witeknite I wouldn't have much time once the season got under way and thats why we have two commissioners.

I was never clear how playoffs would work and nothign was in place that I am aware of. The whole fact the season is even 6 weeks long is just due to arbitrarily copying the regular HULA format. However we don't have conferences the way they do so that doesn't work. I really have no idea what to do and no time to put into figuring it out which is why I haven't been doing anything.

Seems like timprov taking over would be great.

Do a status report for Week 6 matches and figure out where we are at.

Come up with a plan for playoffs and make sure each of the 4 captaisn of the top 4 teams think it sounds fair.

I still have the prize pool and am still willing to take care of the PStars transfers to winners once we get to that stage so no worries there.

Sorry guys, busy with life.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Timprov can and prob should take over.

[/ QUOTE ]

All right. We're going to get this done this week. As much as I'm tempted to just have the two teams who've managed to play all their matches play off for all the marbles, that's probably not a good solution.

PMs will be going out to captains shortly.