FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Extra Fries
gotta eat em, you have become weird 98 89.91%
don't touch em, you used to be weird 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: How to Catch a Cheater?

[ QUOTE ]
I say just make a big deal about cutting the deck. Use the "Frech cut" or something. That should stop him or force him to do something stupid that you will clearly see. But if you really want to catch him you need to set him up to make a stupid move. Realize that he needs to nullify the cut in order to deal the stacked deck. To do that he needs to either crimp the bottom card, which you won't see unless you pick up the deck and examine it, or he needs to crimp the spot in the deck where he wants you to cut to. Turn the deck around and look at the backside before cutting and look for a crimp. Pick up the deck and bring it closer to you and look for a bottom crimp. Come up with a way to place the two piles so that he needs to do more than just complete then shift. Try turning the deck around before cutting. He will need to turn it BACK around to find a bottom crimp. Also, you will need to look for cards that stand out from a side view. They will either have a little nick in a few cards or a few cards will be lighter in color. That is a few basic ways he could be cheating. There are numerous ways he could use his magic skills to cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Start with a new deck... examine it afterwards. Say you're sick of the old cards and here's your home game donation or whatever... schedule a break away form the table to give him time... come back & examine your deck. Just a thought.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:43 PM

following a fellow posters suggestions, i looked up "neocheating" and did some research last nite, and a lot of the moves this fello uses are exactly like what i read. TO the idiots that keep saying "just cut the deck" you keep missing my point (or not reading my posts) of wanting TO REMOVE THIS PERSON FROM THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a fun home game, not as serious as the 4/8 games around town, and a nice break from them.
i'm almost 100% positive he's using methods described in neocheating. all of his false cuts looked identical to what i saw, and he false riffles exactly as described. Now it's just a matter of contacting the host and setting a trap for this fellow. THank you for all the posters (non trolls :-p) for your help and guidance on this issue.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:01 PM

Thats really stupid to post a question asking "how do I get rid of this person?"

How do you live life?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:13 PM

Oh BTW: Dont just walk up and accuse this person. I honestly think its best to leave a game if someones cheating becuase I can tell you're not FOR SURE, but in your case you have friends there.

Mention it to everyone and have them watch this guy next game....you can all talk to him about how you feel later, and tell him to leave.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:48 PM

Default how do i live life?

stop trolling, you go around these boards and try and knock everyone thinking you are so smart. you must be a huge man to knock at people over the internet..... how do you live life? getting kicks makin pokes at people over the internet? lol, before you start posting such crap, why don't you do some soul searching. Or better yet, i live life cleanin up chumps like you online, so i'd glady play you headsup on whatever site you may use. I'm on UB and Pokerstars mostly, but i'd gladly netTeller over to whatever service you use. Stop being such a jerk and post things that are useful instead of being a snide [censored].
Old 05-05-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: how do i live life?

[ QUOTE ]
Or better yet, i live life cleanin up chumps like you online, so i'd glady play you headsup on whatever site you may use.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Cue the scary music]
Old 05-05-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: how do i live life?

lol

oh man...

I really don't feel like argueing but...

im knocking people around? You told me you see me around these boards all the time? How long have you been here? 1 friggin day man? I barley even post here.

This guy has an ego too.

Ill reply to your PM privately.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This happens ONLY when he is dealing, doesn't offer a cut, or false cuts the deck

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't be retarded and don't let him do this.

Why not try person on dealers left shuffles and then the dealer cuts and deals.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:20 PM

Why do you have to catch him? It's not a democracy where you have to vote him off the island. He's just not allowed to come anymore. If he asks you why, look him in the eye and say, "Because you cheat at cards, bye now." Failing that, just refuse to play any hand he deals... Fold your hand in the dark and sit there with your arms crossed and a crappy look on your face. YMMV, I'm an a-hole.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:44 AM

Ok here is my idea of how to "catch" him not just prevent him from cheating. The next time he limps and one of you have a big pair, you raise and he pushes... before he gets to touch the deck simply announce your suspicion.

Don't let him touch the deck and have someone else put aside the first 5 cards. Now you use the next 5 cards to make the board.

And here is how you either prove he's a cheater or earn some money (or totally mess up, humiliate yourself and lose money). Offer him even money on his hand being the winner if you turn up the 5 original cards. Now, in this scenario he's supposed to be a huge favorite (70% wins) so he practically can NOT turn this offer down. If he turns it down he is basically admitting he's a cheater, if he takes it and loses you at least have a somewhat convincing indication that your suspicion was right, if he takes it and wins... well, at least then you know for sure that you're a paranoid bastard. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]