Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 11:49 PM

Default My Chip Decal Design

Evening all. Longtime lurker here, finally making my first post. Just wanted to say thank to everyone for the great info here...definitely keeps me entertained/informed.

I am posting because I have just finished my first design for some custom chip decals. I would love to be designing some for a set of nice chips, but alas I am a struggling college student and I am stuck with the dice chips I got for free through one of those referral sites. I can always dream for the future. I am planning on buying through personalpokerchips.com because I hear they have the smaller labels which work better on the dice chips. I have included a pic of my intended design, and I would love any feedback. I don't proclaim to be a master of graphic design or Photoshop, but I think I get by ok.

Cheers.

Old 04-25-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: My Chip Decal Design

Awesome decals, I love them. One quick question though, what does the Gaelic mean? I'm guessing "[something] poker in Ireland," but that's almost a complete guess.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:23 AM

Thanks. And very close on your guess. Its hard to literally translate, but it most closely would be something like "Irish Poker Club" or "Irish Poker Society". [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2005, 08:55 AM

Rock on, my non-conquored brother.

Unless you have a bunch of chips you have to label so, lose the "10" denom... it's worthless. 1,5,25,100,500,1000,5000,10000 is traditional... yeah, after 500 it gets lame but chips should be in denoms of 4 to 5x the previous denom.

My personal preference:
1,5,25,100,500,2000,10000 <--- I just eliminated a whole color! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2005, 10:49 AM

Nice design.

I'm wondering if the text would look better with a crisp stroke as opposed to the radiating one (could just be an attribute of the res I guess?). Also, not sure about the denom font.