Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Home game tournament scenerio

Need some advice on a hand. Home game tourny with 19 people, all are still in before the end of a single rebuy period. Level is 25-50, under the gun with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Started with 1K and now have about 1800. Raise 200, one caller in late position who is loose and passive with 800 in chips. Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . I check, called bets 200. What is the correct move?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Home game tournament scenerio

If I'm reading correctly, you're getting about 3.5:1, and there's a great possibility you are ahead. So folding isn't an option. I think I would checkraise (now that you've already checked... which I wouldn't have) about 400. That might keep him in with a call if you are ahead, but basically forces him to go all-in if you are behind, in which case you can easily fold. He also might fold if he was making a minimal bluff.

BTW, is it unlimited rebuys, and if not, has he used up his rebuy already? That makes a difference to me.

-ptmusic
Old 04-24-2005, 06:15 PM

How can you advocate check raising and then folding? The villain would only have 200 left into a 1300+ pot, and might push regardless of what he has. I say put him in on the push, cuz you'll have to call if he pushes anyways.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:31 AM

Assuming T1000 start & full table (9-10)...

I would have pushed on the flop.

In this case, I'd push unless your read screams A5 or a flopped boat... he could easily be playing the flush draw with overs (ATs+).
Old 04-25-2005, 11:24 AM

Easy push for me. If he's got a 5, so be it... he's loose passive so you can always get the chips back later and this is going to double him and only take less than half of your stack.

Calling is foolish because he gets a card, you must raise here. The checkraise all-in represents power and the only way he can (should?) call is if he has a 5. Like I said, f it... he might have you beat right now. If so, you still have two outs.

You could always checkraise a little less and still be commited to his whole stack... lets not do that, lets make HIM make the decision. Of course, since you posted this I assume he had a 5 and you doubled him through.