Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 11:20 AM

Default How to (or not to) play flush draws...

$20 buy-in. on UB. (Sorry, I am at work and don't have access to my PT. I will try and make it as easy to read as possible.) Early in the tourney, blinds are at 75/150. Stacks are all pretty average at the table. The big stack is probably 5000 and small stack is under 1000. Hero is in BB with 4000. Villain is in MP1 with 2900. Villain is a good player. I have played against him before. His stats are 22/10/1.8 over a couple hundred hands. He is usually LAG and can be tricky/trappy.

Hero is dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in BB.

Action is folded to Villain who calls. MP3 calls, CO calls, button and SB fold. Hero Checks.

Flop comes out 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Hero checks, Villain bets 200, MP3 and CO fold, HERO?????

I hate flush draws because I feel like I am not playing them correctly. I believe that Harrington says to just call a bet with a flush draw and to fold if the odds are not in your favor. He also said to throw in a semi-bluff/probe bet with a flush draw to mix it up. But, I read on here that you guys are saying a lot to push/re-raise with the flush draws. What percentage of the time does everyone check/raise , check/push , check/call and bet with a flush draw on the flop in this sort of situation. (I know every situation is different, but estimate it for situations like this.) I would say that my percentages are 20/5/50/25 .