Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 08:36 PM

Default $20,000 freeroll

I'm eligible for a $20,000 freeroll Saturday.
I stupidly booked a flight the same day.
I'll be on the flight for the duration of the tournament.
None of my friends play poker.
I'd like a member of 2plus2 to play for me.

The winnings will be split equally and transferred to the player by Neteller as soon as I have received them.

Here are the details.

Date: Saturday, December the 17th at 14h15 EST
Prize pool: $20,000
First place: $4000
First five places: Entry into a $100,000 tournament on December the 22nd
Number of entrants: 1000
Initial stack: 1500
Level duration: 15 minutes
Competition level: soft

I'll announce the winner Friday or Saturday morning and contact him with the details.

I'll pick the candidate by sifting through his posts on the forum. The selection criterias will be the number and quality of the posts. The trustworthiness of the candidate will also be taken into consideration.

Ideal candidate: ZeeJustin [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Should the winner qualify for the $100,000, the same conditions will apply as for the $20,000 freeroll.

I've withdrawn my bankroll to prevent fraud.
There is a delay before the winnings can be withdrawn, so the winner will not be able to withdraw the funds without my consent. I will change the password after the tournament to regain control of my account.

The winner will see my real name and address on the account, so he will have a recourse should there be any problem. No need to worry. I am generally scrupulously honest. (Although, I do sometimes question my intelligence. It is rather difficult to proclaim one's honesty with my username [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], which I also regretted last time I had withdrawal issues.)

I've never played from a different IP address on this site, but it shouldn't be a problem. Right?

If you want to play, just post in this thread.

Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: $20,000 freeroll

Ive got nothing better to do.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive got nothing better to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked at some of your posts. You should definitely crush the competition. Congratulations. As of now, you are the leading candidate.

I just hope you can contain your enthusiasm and wait till Saturday. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations. As of now, you are the leading candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, what's the interview process like?

GL. What site is hosting the freeroll anyway?
Old 12-14-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

GL. What site is hosting the freeroll anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a very fishy site, Poker.com, that I've never seen mentionned on twoplustwo. I actually feel uncomfortable disclosing it's name, since it's been so profitable for me.

Most of the players play at the micro-limit level, which may explain why it is never mentionned on twoplustwo.

They've been experiencing serious technical issues, numerous server crashes in the past week. The freeroll is actually a reschedule. There were a few more hundred players in the initial tournament who were eliminated before the crash.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:44 PM

I'd play, Pat is a good rep for you too, so i'll slot myself wherever you want in the queue.
~Justin
Old 12-16-2005, 03:35 PM

Default The winner is ....

Drumroll please... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The winner is Pat Southern.

Please check your PM for the password. By the way, top 10 gain entry into the $100,000 on the 22nd, not just top 5.

All 3 players were equally worthy. Being a limit player, I was unable to determine who the best player was. The choice was pretty arbitrary.

Pat Southern claimed a ROI of 150%.
KneeCo claimed a ROI of 94%.
I could not find the ROI statistics for Jurollo.

Both Pat Southern and Jurollo had posts with questionable moves: Pat Southern , Jurollo.

Jurollo had the most posts, but Pat Southern had the most posts in the strategy threads. Jurollo was more trustworthy, as moderator, but Pat Southern was the only one with a proven track record, or the only one to post his track record, anyway.

I just hope that he doesn't donk his stack away out of sheer boredom. A $20,000 freeroll with only 1000 entrants or less is well worth an effort.

Feel free to post any interesting hands.

I fully expect to find $4000 in my account when I step off the plane... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: The winner is ....

Gl Pat.... yea i generally shy away from strat threads, [bush reference] I am good for smoking the spammers out of their holes [/bush reference]
~Justin
Old 12-16-2005, 03:40 PM

See you there Pat !
Old 12-16-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: The winner is ....

Um, I never volunteered for this, I was just making a joke with the interview line and wondering what site was running the tournament.

And now I see you've run a background check on me.
I feel so... violated. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Moreover, I didn't even get the job for which I never applied.

To quote Mitch Hedberg, That's a DOUBLE WHAMMY!

Hehe, j/k.