Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Doyle\'s Poker Room Indentity theft attempt ? ?

anyone else tried to play on this horrible site. I bought in for 200$ and b4 i can even cashout my buyin or profit they say that i must provide them with photocopies of my credit card, (and i used neteller to buyin with), passport or drivers licence, phone bill, utility bill and a rent receipt or property tax bill. There is no way i will give these %^*@@ this info. Can anyone help me get back my buyin ,from these scam sartists and also who do i report this scam too

its too bad a site is going to make a name like brunson's get assoc. with such a sick scam

help me please [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img](
Old 11-25-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Doyle\'s Poker Room Indentity theft attempt ? ?

quite a few sites want this info.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:33 AM

The phone, utility, and property tax bills are a bit absurd.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:46 AM

It's pretty common to ask for ID and a bill or bank statement with your address. Clearly you will want to whiteout any important info.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:51 AM

I would offer the DL and a utility bill. That should be enough to establish ID. If I were worried about id theft I would white out the DL number and part of the account number on the util bill. Addresses are easy to come by for an id thief.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:59 AM

They don't want to give you, your money...plain and simple. Same trend with most gambling sites. They make it SO VERY EASY TO DEPOSIT, but HARD AS HECK and SLOW AS HECK, to make a cashout. They are making interest on your money, so they will stall as long as they can....and HOPE YOU FORGET ABOUT IT, and just blow-off the loss !!

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else tried to play on this horrible site. I bought in for 200$ and b4 i can even cashout my buyin or profit they say that i must provide them with photocopies of my credit card, (and i used neteller to buyin with), passport or drivers licence, phone bill, utility bill and a rent receipt or property tax bill. There is no way i will give these %^*@@ this info. Can anyone help me get back my buyin ,from these scam sartists and also who do i report this scam too

its too bad a site is going to make a name like brunson's get assoc. with such a sick scam

help me please [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img](

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2005, 12:47 AM

I have played on 16 other site sover the last 5 years and never b4 have i ever been asked for any single document b4. This site is horrible, i got the gamming commssion to forward an email i wrote and the site is now going to send my cashout no problems, although it will take 4-7 dyas to do it, using neteller. EVERYONE TRY AND AVOID THIS SICK SITE. they have another skin which i know a coupel of friends have used and had no problems with , one of them being UK poker. anyways i got my money back by the looks of it after a few hours wasted.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played on 16 other site sover the last 5 years and never b4 have i ever been asked for any single document b4. This site is horrible, i got the gamming commssion to forward an email i wrote and the site is now going to send my cashout no problems, although it will take 4-7 dyas to do it, using neteller. EVERYONE TRY AND AVOID THIS SICK SITE. they have another skin which i know a coupel of friends have used and had no problems with , one of them being UK poker. anyways i got my money back by the looks of it after a few hours wasted.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound whiney.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an absolute MORON.

these steps here are for player protection. based on the volume of your whine, i would say you are up to no good at all.

the site is legit as they come, and your smears are an obvious shout of anger because you are caught in some kind of player name/identity scam.

your plight is music to the ears of those who value safety. i hope you lose every last dime.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are an absolute MORON.

these steps here are for player protection. based on the volume of your whine, i would say you are up to no good at all.

the site is legit as they come, and your smears are an obvious shout of anger because you are caught in some kind of player name/identity scam.

your plight is music to the ears of those who value safety. i hope you lose every last dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised at this response, Absolute asked me for the same sort of stuff, copy of credit card, etc, I told them I would send it but only if I can black out sensitive information. I don't get this at the supermarket, this tomato soup is past it's date, okay sir give me a copy of your drivers licence and I'll get you a fresh can. It would make more sense if they got this info before taking money, but then that wouldn't be good for them, as no one in their right mind would play. You think that's wrong? So why do none of the sites ask for info until you actually want your own money back?

The other thing is, this security is not for player protection at all, it is for the sites financial protection, credit card companies will not take responsibility for fraud committed against a trader unless the proper measures are taken, card holders on the other hand are almost always covered against all fraud.

Mack