Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 11:10 AM

Default I know this is a micro hand but

....asking for your thoughts anyways. This is a hand my lil brother played and we disagree with the flop action. Since he just graduated college and has no employable skills I'm trying to teach him to play goot. Your flop play, sirs?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6s, 7s.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP2 raises, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, Hero calls,
UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 6h, 2h, 9s (6 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets, MP3 calls, CO raises, Button folds, Hero ??????
Old 05-17-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: I know this is a micro hand but

OT - sorry brett - What's the idea behind the 9 max tables? I don't get it.

THIS HAND SUCKS! I'm torn on the flop. I think you need to discount your 7h as an out, which give you 4 outs to 2 pair or trips (which may not be good) 1.5 for dbfd and 1.5 for bdsd...sooo maybe 7 outs. This is a nice pot, but you could be trapped here for some serious bets, if MP2 and CO decide to go at it, especially if you catch something like an 8 or spade on the turn and they go at it again..your effective odds could be really bad here depending on the aggression of these two..gee wiz, I don't know. I'd probably fold as all my 7s could be tainted anyway....but I hate the fold too.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:40 AM

What was the disagreement to the flop play? I would've led the flop.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:42 AM

Well you're getting 8 to 1 on the call assuming MP2 and CO don't go raise/re-raise in which case you are caught in a very bad situation. I doubt your hand is good now with the preflop raiser showing the strength of a high pocket pair or even a set if he's a loose raiser. The CO could be in on a raise to find out where he's out with a low/mid pair or a straight draw. Basically you would be looking at 5 outs but you wouldn't know if they would even be good at the showdown. You are in bad position so I'd probably pass since the strength of a 67s is in the right flop with the right position. I'd pass.

Eliyahu~
Old 05-17-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well you're getting 8 to 1 on the call assuming MP2 and CO don't go raise/re-raise in which case you are caught in a very bad situation. I doubt your hand is good now with the preflop raiser showing the strength of a high pocket pair or even a set if he's a loose raiser. The CO could be in on a raise to find out where he's out with a low/mid pair or a straight draw. Basically you would be looking at 5 outs but you wouldn't know if they would even be good at the showdown. You are in bad position so I'd probably pass since the strength of a 67s is in the right flop with the right position. I'd pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your reads. I think if you lead and get raised by MP2 raises, it's putting the others behind to call two bets cold or re-raise it, in which case you're probably up the creek. Getting people to call two cold with you last to call the raise is much better than you deciding to call two cold with the possibility of getting re-raised and then capped.

You can't put someone on an overpair - could be raising unimproved broadways, up and down or a flush draw. If I didn't bet the flop, I wouldn't know where I'm at.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:48 AM

Yeah, I think I might have led the flop, hoping an MP2 raise would knock most everybody else out. The pot's pretty big at this point. It's almost certain you don't have the best hand, but there is room to improve.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would've led the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like madness.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:53 AM

Folds.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would've led the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like madness.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:00 PM

I agree that having MP2 reraise (and CO possibly capping) would suck, but getting over 8:1 I'm trying to peel one off here.