Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: JJ preflop

[ QUOTE ]
I vote for a simple fold here. My reasoning is I can find a better spot to get my $ in than this. I have no $ vested except my blind, the opener is a tight/solid player, and in order for me to really feel comfortable about the play, Ihave to push. The only hands that will call me are a coin flip at best.

I hate a call here for 25% of your stack. How do you know where you are? There are 12 overs out against you, so there is nearly a 50% chance one hits. Then do you want to push with an over on the board?

JJ is pretty to look at preflop, but against a solid big stack, late in a tourney, if I'm not shortstacked or have a solid read, I'm throwing the Jacks in the muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he didn't say "tournament life"...

I'm sorry, but folding here is the definition of weak/tight fish. Take a damn flop.

If flop is QXX or KXX (X being undercard), I'm check/raising a good portion of my stack. AXX and I'm check/evaluating. XXX and I'm going with 1/2PSB leading out/evaluating if raised, leading out/pushing turn if just called on flop.