Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: VIP Programs - constructive thinking

[ QUOTE ]
I'd set it up so that you get ePoints based on the square root of the raked hands you played. This way you are penalized for playing more hands. At my room, we don't want very much business. Also, we would have it so you get the same # of points whether you play .5/1 or 50/100.

That would be pretty cool, but I doubt this will happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 10-30-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This one's pretty much a no-brainer, which is why the goofy responses. Nonetheless, I'll give the concise correct answer.

Design the program so it's essentially a rakeback deal, with points earned proportional to rake paid. Points are redeemable for cash, merchandise or tournament play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make the merchandise stuff that doesn't suck. I mean, what the hell am I going to do with crappy logo apparel?

Gimme cards, chips, books, computer crap (who wouldn't want to buy a 2001fp with FPP?), and tournament entries. Not just FPP satellites, but cash 'em in for direct entry into cash tourneys or for tournament dollars or something along those lines.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Design the program so it's essentially a rakeback deal, with points earned proportional to rake paid. Points are redeemable for cash, merchandise or tournament play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely, but also:

A second tier "Uber VIP" placement available for the highest rake contributors. Despite empire's horrible VIP point calculation they do have the idea right with the Royal Flush Club. It's nice to recieve a special reward (like a nice watch) when you achieve VIP or Uber VIP status. There could be further rewards when you achieve landmark rake contribution numbers. This gives players a target and encourages them to grind out those hands. Uber VIPs could also earn points at a faster rate.

To me it's also important that the value of points when used for merchandise or tourney entry is higher than when used for rakeback. I like poker clothing and tournaments but I'd be hard pressed to use the points for anything other than cash if I didn't feel like I was getting more out of them elsewhere.

And nice jackets are very important. Poker players like jackets.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:15 AM

In an ideal world where I didn't have to also pay the affiliate 25% of the MGR...

My store would look much like pokerstars, with the exception that I would have one or two varieties of higher quality chips, like paulsons or njs, available. Also, a full selection of 2+2 books.

Obviously, I'd include a points for cash deal that equaled something reasonable, like 20% rakeback. A player would be able to turn his points into cash instantly. Merchandise would be available at ~ 85% of what you'd expect to pay at a store for the same item in terms of the points cash equivlent.

I would also have major tournament packages available. The packages would include a small spening allowance, hotel, and tournament entry, so in essence they would be exactly like landbased entries that can be won in online satellites. I would be willing to discount these to about 85% as well, because the small loss that I would take on these entries would be more than made up for by getting the year or so worth of commited play necessary to swing one of these. Also, I'd still be getting the free advertising by using the player as a billboard.

Finally, I would have a dedicated staff that spoke english and was knowledgeable about the issues that come up for high volume players. Basically like what Party seems to be trying to set up.

Actually looking at my list it basically seems to be what Party wants us to believe is coming soon, but I'm sure this will differ considerably from the reality of the party program (especially being able to build points up for a big land based event).