Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Why does everyone on 2+2 seem to hate Party

[ QUOTE ]
They are the 800lb. gorilla that has a lackluster product and an excellent marketing department. see: Microsoft

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, PartyPooper is the Microsoft of the poker world. For some reason there's this trend to hate the king of the hill. Ironically, those that complain the most use or have extensively used the products/services they are bitching about.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:04 PM

I hate party...always have...always will. They made a killing, and their software still looks like it was running off of an Atari 2600. I have no issues winning at other sites. I can also win at Party. I can't stand their software, so I don't play there less they hand me cash in a bonus or something.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party effectively elimanated rakeback when they elimanted the skins from their network. This was -EV for everyone with a rakeback deal (most of 2+2). The fact that they did not announce this in advance and left most people with no clue what was going on didn't help either. Now they are offering a pittance in their "VIP" program to their "high volume players" (again a large number of 2+2 posters). As in so many other things in life; it's all about the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played in 8 months. When did this happen? Empire Poker is no longer a skin of Party?
Old 10-31-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party effectively elimanated rakeback when they elimanted the skins from their network. This was -EV for everyone with a rakeback deal (most of 2+2). The fact that they did not announce this in advance and left most people with no clue what was going on didn't help either. Now they are offering a pittance in their "VIP" program to their "high volume players" (again a large number of 2+2 posters). As in so many other things in life; it's all about the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played in 8 months. When did this happen? Empire Poker is no longer a skin of Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta say, you had me on this one! I thought you were serious for a second, then I got the hint of sarcasm....right??? right???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 01:41 AM

LOL, no. I haven't played since December and just started again this past week. I have no idea what has gone on in the poker world since December of last year.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate party...always have...always will. They made a killing, and their software still looks like it was running off of an Atari 2600. I have no issues winning at other sites. I can also win at Party. I can't stand their software, so I don't play there less they hand me cash in a bonus or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like pary software, its good for multitabling and is the only one I know of tht does not steel my chat. I like to multitask and that drives me nuts.

TO OP: I think alot of ppl hate party cause they are so big and powerful. No one likes ppl who have the power to dictacte to them, and they just have to take it.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are the 800lb. gorilla that has a lackluster product and an excellent marketing department. see: Microsoft

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, PartyPooper is the Microsoft of the poker world. For some reason there's this trend to hate the king of the hill. Ironically, those that complain the most use or have extensively used the products/services they are bitching about.

[/ QUOTE ]

One reason why folks shouldn't hate Microsoft: The Bill & Melinda Gates foundation is the largest charity in the world, worth ~ 30 billion. They have a huge scholarship program and the gates foundation is probably the single most important force in the fight against malaria. Bill Gates has expressed that he intends to give away 90% of his fortune, and he seems to be making good on that.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One reason why folks shouldn't hate Microsoft: The Bill & Melinda Gates foundation is the largest charity in the world, worth ~ 30 billion.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a reason not to hate Gates, not a reason not to hate Microsoft. He has more than made up for all the years he refused to give to charity, so he gets the big thumbs-up for that.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am one of the few, but I have had nothing but positive experiences with Party's CS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know now that I have said this things will change but they always respond to my emails within 30 mins and always have detailed explanations of my questions...

I have had worse CS...

Best though by far has been BET365.....