Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Dating a Japanese Girl

A lot of the replys to this thread made me laugh.

Does she even speak english? It sounds like you have a communication problem with her.

You "made" her your girlfriend? What does that mean? And "I'm pretty sure she likes me"? You should find this out for sure since you already made her your girlfriend.

Finally, I'm not completely sure about this but, I think it's also customary in for the male in those relationships to get some on the side. I know someone living in Thailand who's in a similar relationship. But he said it would be acceptable for him to get some from another girl. If it's true there, it could be true for Japanese girls. I don't think there are many old traditions that involve guys not getting any. Usually it's just the girls. Look into that.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Dating a Japanese Girl (Update)

Okay, no offense but you guys misjudged this one pretty badly. So did I; apparently us westerners don't understand how different easterners can be. I spoke to a friend of a friend who is Indian (from India). It's not exactly Japan but he thought there could be many similarities.

Anyway, it took him 6 months before he could even kiss his girlfriend. Yes, he says there are many slutty girls, as several of you pointed out. But, a lot of the "good" girls still hold on tight to their feminine virtue. He has met my girlfriend and he thinks this is the case with her. He said unless I convince her that I will marry her, I don't have a chance, because she is probably waiting for marriage.

So it seems I have three options: give up and look for an easier American chick; be like every other guy and lie to her to get her in the sack; let the relationship pan out without sex for a looooooooong time.

I haven't decided what to do yet, and when I do I'm not going to post it here anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] , but just for sh*ts, what would YOU (not Jesus) do? Keep in mind that she's a great girl with a dancer's body (she's a ballerina) and a beautiful face. Your answer probably won't affect me, so feel free to say what you want.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does she even speak english? It sounds like you have a communication problem with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her English is good but could be better. She especially has trouble talking about this sort of thing, which leaves me doing much guesswork. The cultural differences also make it tough.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I'm not completely sure about this but, I think it's also customary in for the male in those relationships to get some on the side. I know someone living in Thailand who's in a similar relationship. But he said it would be acceptable for him to get some from another girl. If it's true there, it could be true for Japanese girls. I don't think there are many old traditions that involve guys not getting any. Usually it's just the girls. Look into that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting point. This would probably explain why she acted as if she was going to let me keep dating other girls. But when I asked her if she wanted me to, she said no. Of course she wouldn't want me to, but I guess she was hinting at that cultural difference. If that is the case then it would be a relief.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, no offense but you guys misjudged this one pretty badly. So did I; apparently us westerners don't understand how different easterners can be. I spoke to a friend of a friend who is Indian (from India). It's not exactly Japan but he thought there could be many similarities.

Anyway, it took him 6 months before he could even kiss his girlfriend. Yes, he says there are many slutty girls, as several of you pointed out. But, a lot of the "good" girls still hold on tight to their feminine virtue. He has met my girlfriend and he thinks this is the case with her. He said unless I convince her that I will marry her, I don't have a chance, because she is probably waiting for marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

The wussiest nerds in a typical high school would make you and your friend their bitches.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:56 AM

Hahahaha
Old 12-07-2005, 01:30 AM

Dude, if you haven't "put it in her pooper" by date number 3, it's over. Time to move on.

edit: what does this have to do poker psychology?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to see the result of posting this question on OOT.

[/ QUOTE ] Here It is In OOT for you!