Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: ($60) Two pair, meh

I said "push the turn" to prove a different point. To show that if you plan on calling a huge bet on the river anyway, you might as well push yourself on the turn ...(assuming villain would push the river). I agree that pushing the turn would be absurd as its a WAWB deal, but sort of thought, "hey, I hate the river line so why not do something equally bad myself...at least I'm the aggressor"

And having t500 in a stars SNG at 50-100 is only barely better than 0 with this many left.

See Patrick's answer below for another reason why betting the turn can be better.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And having t500 in a stars SNG at 50-100 is only barely better than 0 with this many left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this another one of those "people said something bad, so I'll say something equally bad" situations?
Old 12-01-2005, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this another one of those "people said something bad, so I'll say something equally bad" situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone seems to like this line and I definitely understand the reasons and think they're valid. Just pointing out that everything isnt all roses playing it this way, and I dont think its necessarily best.

Someone said in this thread "its good because you max your gains and minimize your losses". Well, why not bet the turn and fold to a raise...you can bet less than 500 (btw you might be facing a bet of more than 500 on the river here often times) and get away if raised all-in. If he has a hand like TPGK etc...the river might get you more value and you can rest a little easier about the straight.

And to be honest, I prefer having the EXTRA 500 in my stack the times I'm ahead in this hand and being out completely when I lose. If its a 50/50 prop on being ahead, then Ill double up half the time and be in much better position and the other times I'll have room for a new table.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:49 AM

Also if villain is sneaky at all he could c/r turn with less than a 6 forcing us to make a big mistake folding.

This reasoning is nulled by the fact that he could do the same thing on the river, where, actually, its probably more effective.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also if villain is sneaky at all he could c/r turn with less than a 6 forcing us to make a big mistake folding.

This reasoning is nulled by the fact that he could do the same thing on the river, where, actually, its probably more effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it isn't, because I check behind here 100% of the time.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it isn't, because I check behind here 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]