Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 03:15 AM

Default 4 hands from tonights 348 +.24BB/100 session

On winter break it's going to be my goal to get a 2 hour, 2/3 table session in each and every day. At the end of the session I'll post a couple hands. Here are 4 to start with.

1) No reads here since it's early. 3 limps and I limp Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button (routine?). 6 to the flop which comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the action goes check,check,check,bet,call...me. I have BDFD (Q high, K on board) a gutshot and a pair. I'm on the button...a raise seems good, right?

2) 4 calls here and I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB everyone comes along and Button limp/3bets the entire field. Is this an easy cap? I opted to call. Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] giving me overs+gutshot+BDFD...do you lead or c/c the likely button bet or c/r the button bet? I dont think a c/r is too great since the bloated pot means everyone's coming along.

3. 24/15 button over about 85 hands open raises and I'm in the small blind w/ KJo...with KTo...with A8o...with QJo...who raises/calls/folds these?

4. Stupid smelly beat of the session
UTG raises and I 3bet TT on the button. Loose SB calls. Flop is AKT UTG leads, I raise and SB calls 2, UTG calls. Turn is a Q UTG SB, UTG check I bet and SB c/r me. Shows down J2o, calling 2.5 pf and 2 cold on the flop with the 1 card gutter.

Thanks guys
Old 12-20-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: 4 hands from tonights 348 +.24BB/100 session

Hand 1: Preflop is fine. I just call the flop. You're rarely getting a free card, and you don't have the best hand often enough.

Hand 2: I just call preflop, though you probably have enough value to cap. I say call because we have crappy position. On the flop, I check/call.

Hand 3: KJo, KTo, and A8o are 3-bets. QJo is close. Don't call any of them. (You want it heads-up versus a possible steal, so raise and knock the BB out.)

Also, I don't think you meant it as anything significant, but you know that BB/100 over a 348 hand session is utter nonsense, right?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I don't think you meant it as anything significant, but you know that BB/100 over a 348 hand session is utter nonsense, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, i know. just emphasizing the...nothingness...of the session.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:27 AM

There are better ways to improve your game than posts like these. How about posting a real converted hand once every couple of hours and read through and reply to other peoples posts while you are checking up on yours?

hand one: it's good that you are considering raising and you seem to be doing it for the right reasons. I lean towards raising because I think 2-3 players will cold call it.

hand 2: cap pre-flop and go from there

hand 3: you can 3 bet all of those

hand 4: who cares
Old 12-20-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Preflop is fine. I just call the flop. You're rarely getting a free card, and you don't have the best hand often enough.

Hand 2: I just call preflop, though you probably have enough value to cap. I say call because we have crappy position. On the flop, I check/call.

Hand 3: KJo, KTo, and A8o are 3-bets. QJo is close. Don't call any of them. (You want it heads-up versus a possible steal, so raise and knock the BB out.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1, you folding the turn UI? If we pick up the flush draw it's in easy call...I suppose the number of flop callers makes a difference...less=better.

Hand 2 I like the call pf since we could be behind AA/KK but the fact that we're not suited and OOP messes us up as well.

Hand 3 I am having some trouble playing OOP w/ hands like those when I miss the flop and get played back at. I dont like 3betting pf and then foling a 9 high flop when he raises. I need to work on this...some heads up work would go a long ways I think.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:17 AM

Try keeping it one hand to a post. Use the converter but if not a "neater" style would be appreciated e.g.
Hero dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on button
3 folds, Hero raises, SB folds BB calls
Flop x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] z [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5 SB)
BB checks Hero....

Hand 1) I raise here because: I may have the best hand; I want to blow people off of lame J's in case a T hits; I want to blow people off of lame A's also; getting people to fold a lame T also is pretty cool too to partially open up some J outs. Yeah, raise here.
2)I cap pf. limp reraise from the button after 3 limpers in front? This is goofy. This seems very likely dude is screwing around. If this guy is a reasonable thinking player I would suspect him on some kind of broadway suited connector hand such as QJs or JTs etc. AA, KK etc. would have thrown in an intial raise the first time around. Then again, stranger things have happened. This is a tough spot. I would check to begin with and see what happens. Probably just check call because the best case scenario if you c/r is that you leave people with 10.5:1.
3) KJo 3-bets, KTo I fold, A8o I fold, QJo I fold. I would like to know a little more than 24/15, especially how they play postflop. Catch me tomorrow and I may say 3-bet all of these. Regardless no one should say call, it is a must 3-bet or fold
4) It really depends on the types I'm playing against but in the situation that you described I usually just check the turn behind in a multiway pot.