Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Apparently I can\'t dress myself

[ QUOTE ]
tpf,

I guess not, but he has to know SOMEONE who has a little idea of style. Who doesn't?

I used to hate old navy too, but it's cheap and they have some decent clothes sometimes. They do have a lot of queer items, but what place doesn't? I just bought this coat and I like it.

I also just bought these shoes if anyone cares. This post just has me in the mood to hear comments on my choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rate the coat a 6. The shoes get a 3. I think I need to start a new thread just for this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
isn't ax kinda gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I dress metro a lot when I go out. I also wear completely slob clothes around the house and to the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

AX isn't 'gay' but it is pretty low-quality clothes.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
isn't ax kinda gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it is a bit uber-clubby for my taste. Interesting fact, AX is owned in part by Giorgio Armani, but Giorgio only has final approval on the clothing designs. So when you shop at AX, you are not really wearing Armani.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nordstrom's men's sale is after xmas, early January maybe.

Get one fashionable jeans buttondown shirt and one pair of ecco shoes, brown or black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ecco shoes are a license, they are not actually designed by Marc Ecco - hence they aren't really that cool. Marc actually has some nice designs for some his lines (even his ultra-urban lines), why he lets a licensee [censored] it all up for him is beyond me.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah let me clarify I have no idea what clothes cost so if the $500 thing in unrealistic just let me know

[/ QUOTE ] I'm way late to this thread, but it is. I spend $500 on one outfit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never understand why you post this stuff. What was the point of this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he asked if $500 was resonable to get his fashion up to date. I was pointing out it's not as that is one good outfit, easily.

Makes perfect sense to me, don't know what you don't understand about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably has something to do with your track record of waving your financial dick around.

off topic, do you have a 156 IQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

$500 is average for a significant outfit Sublime. I think Nick is on track there, its not boasting... its honest.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah let me clarify I have no idea what clothes cost so if the $500 thing in unrealistic just let me know

[/ QUOTE ] I'm way late to this thread, but it is. I spend $500 on one outfit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never understand why you post this stuff. What was the point of this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he asked if $500 was resonable to get his fashion up to date. I was pointing out it's not as that is one good outfit, easily.

Makes perfect sense to me, don't know what you don't understand about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

probably has something to do with your track record of waving your financial dick around.

off topic, do you have a 156 IQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

$500 is average for a significant outfit Sublime. I think Nick is on track there, its not boasting... its honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

ohh, i have no idea about that. i was more answering his question as to why evan made a remark about his post.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Girls don't like grey shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

Can we get some calaboration here? Grey is one of my favorite colors and I for sure would have picked up some grey button down shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps girls don't like gray shirts on Blarg, but generally I don't think girls care about a color as long as it matches the complexion of the person wearing it. For example I have two pink shirts, they would look very bad on Tony Paladino, but I look really good in them. Conversely yellow is not my color, I've tried many times but I always fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm can you eloborate on matching the color to complexion thing? Is this just something you can tell? I have brown eyes, brown hair and always thought brown looked good me even though I don't really like it as a color. I'm not pale but not really tan either, maybe a bit reddish? without being red if that makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]

TT?

This thread was created so [censored] could improve his wardrobe. It was not titled "things I like to wear". The advice I gave him was based on the info he included about himself, and was sometimes not consistent with personal style choices I make.

You are confusing him with all of this talk about skin tones, the cost of "outfits" (wtf) YOU like to wear and metrosexuality. These things are not relevant to him.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

Can we get some calaboration here? Grey is one of my favorite colors and I for sure would have picked up some grey button down shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps girls don't like gray shirts on Blarg, but generally I don't think girls care about a color as long as it matches the complexion of the person wearing it. For example I have two pink shirts, they would look very bad on Tony Paladino, but I look really good in them. Conversely yellow is not my color, I've tried many times but I always fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm can you eloborate on matching the color to complexion thing? Is this just something you can tell? I have brown eyes, brown hair and always thought brown looked good me even though I don't really like it as a color. I'm not pale but not really tan either, maybe a bit reddish? without being red if that makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]

TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think hes around
Old 12-20-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoah, really?

Can we get some collaboration here? Grey is one of my favorite colors and I for sure would have picked up some grey button down shirts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm can you elaborate on matching the color to complexion thing? Is this just something you can tell? I have brown eyes, brown hair and always thought brown looked good me even though I don't really like it as a color. I'm not pale but not really tan either, maybe a bit reddish? without being red if that makes sense

[/ QUOTE ]

TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could, but I am color blind. I see color, but not the way that you do, and my descriptions would seem odd. Perhaps thats why I like colorful shirts from Etro, Missoni, Paul Smith, etc.

You mentioned you look good in brown but don't like the color. I was the same way with green and brown, I looked really good in those colors but I generally don't like them. I got used to it over time, I wear a lot of brown now.