Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 12-15-2005, 02:05 PM

Default any thoughts on these nfl picks

CHIEFS +3 -- i was thinking about hopping on this bet
i feel the chiefs are going to run all over the giants, and in my opinion if the giants were to win it would be by 3 or less...i can see the giants winning but definately not by more than 3...plus i think this line might move to 2.5

ALSO- i need a suicide pick and my options are tough so i really need some help here...any opinions would be appreciated...REMEMBER..i only need to win the game..no spread involved
My choices are #1 Carolina winning at the Saints or
#2 Miami winning at home vs the Jets or
#3 Oakland winning at home vs the Browns
Old 12-15-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: any thoughts on these nfl picks

I like the chiefs in this one.... Giants have a few holes in their run defense and i see larry johnson/priest holmes running the ball down their throats...

This looks like a coin flip between carolina and miami. If i took miami this week...you should be forced to take carolina against the dallas cowboys next week... I would take Carolina this week... then Miami/tenn next week based on the schedule.

GL
Old 12-15-2005, 02:33 PM

I think the Chiefs are the better team but I don't like the game much. I don't think you're missing much by never betting on them on the road against any team not named 'Oakland'.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:23 PM

chiefs +3 is what a majority of people are betting, so it's just a matter of getting a good price. if you can still find +3-110, I would jump on that and then maybe even hedge some back on the other side if it goes down to -2.5 on the G-men. otherwise, you might be laying too much and only playing for a push.

considering the built-in 3 point home field advantage, the line is saying that the giants are 6 points "better" than the chiefs in this scenario. of course, both teams have bad-luck kickers and anything could happen if the game is close, so slight advantage KC. the chiefs may have slightly higher motivation since the giants still have one game up in the division and should finish the season no worse than 11-5, while the Chiefs must win just to keep the hopes alive for the #6 spot in the AFC, since the Jags' remaining schedule have them virtually ensured the top wild card.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CHIEFS +3 -- i was thinking about hopping on this bet
i feel the chiefs are going to run all over the giants, and in my opinion if the giants were to win it would be by 3 or less...i can see the giants winning but definately not by more than 3...plus i think this line might move to 2.5

[/ QUOTE ]

The beaten-up Giants O-line might make this a play, but I wouldn't put a lot on the Chiefs on the road.

[ QUOTE ]
ALSO- i need a suicide pick and my options are tough so i really need some help here...any opinions would be appreciated...REMEMBER..i only need to win the game..no spread involved
My choices are #1 Carolina winning at the Saints or
#2 Miami winning at home vs the Jets or
#3 Oakland winning at home vs the Browns

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would have to take the Panthers next week, then go with them against the Saints.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
considering the built-in 3 point home field advantage, the line is saying that the giants are 6 points "better" than the chiefs in this scenario.

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Giants are the home team -- the line is saying that the teams are even on a neutral field...
Old 12-15-2005, 11:11 PM

i too like the chiefs here - eli is falling apart right now, and the giants run defense will take a beating here
Old 12-16-2005, 04:19 AM

Losing Pierce is going to hurt, but the real strength of the Giants' run defense (and pass defense, for that matter) has been the D-line, which is healthy enough. I am a bit frightened of the Chiefs screen passes, though, as Pierce was excellent at blowing those up at the line of scrimmage.

Also note that the Chiefs pass defense can be beat deep, and the Giants have probably the most vertical passing attack in the league (in quantity, not so much quality). The Giants might not be a good play, but I don't think the Chiefs are, either.

So, can I be the new CCx now? Or would that be the new YoureToast?