Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 11:26 PM

Default stud hi tournament heads up

Is this to reckless or should I keep pressure on him? Again, I'm against Andy B if ya didn't see that last post. This is 3 or 4 hands after Andy's big bluff, I had a pair of kings in there somwhere to get to a managable stack.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High - Level VIII (300/600), Ante 50, Bring-In 100 (converter)

Seat 2: 7,703
Hero: 4,297

3rd Street - (0.33 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (2.33 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (8.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.17 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (10.17 BB)

I really want to know what he had, I think AK had a chance of winning here
Old 12-13-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: stud hi tournament heads up

I think you played fine. Given what you've seen earlier you can't give him credit for the king.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:23 AM

I don't know about that reraise on 5th.I think you're being overly influenced by the earlier hand.
Well,you got him back.You are 2 wild & crazy guys.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:52 PM

I think if I don't reraise fifth I'm pretty much giving up the hand. If I have kings or some other decent pair in this spot I'm reraising, if I don't raise I think I have to fold since he will keep the pressure on me the rest of the hand knowing I was just bluffing a missed a step on fifth giving away my hand.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:54 AM

I think you're right that you have to re-raise or fold,& I'm sure that your judgement about which to do is better than mine.I probably would have caved in(no cajones).I guess this is why I'm not winning any stud tournaments.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:01 AM

I got it right this time. I usually have to do alot of stabbing in the dark when I have to play heads up though.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually have to do alot of stabbing in the dark when I have to play heads up though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, me too.

I remembered this hand, but couldn't remember what all I had, although I was sure it wasn't much. I wasn't folding many pairs, I'll tell you that much. I checked the hand history, and I had Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] down and blanked off on the river. Ace-high was way good.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't folding many pairs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I figured that and then figured out that the bet on 7th was probably pretty bad.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:37 AM

never mind, the river bet was probably necessary since it would be tough to call if you bet after I check. I forgot I was first to act...
Old 12-15-2005, 03:38 AM

I don't think betting the river was necessarily bad. If you check and I bet, are you going to look me up with Ace-high?