Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-14-2005, 02:41 AM

Default What\'s my play here? [Roommate question] LONG

Ok so first semester is winding down and somehow I have not moved out of my dorm room. My roommate and I have been friends since like 7th grade but lately it seems like everything he does drives me up the wall.

Whether it be him sleeping in the middle of the day, forcing me to be quiet or me trying to sleep at 12-1 in the morning and him playing Halo or staying up till 4-5 AM working on papers.

Anyway, tonight some friends of mine came up the room and he opts to get in the bed around 12. I've got my lamp on because I am studying and so then he hops in the bed after turning out the overhead light and then proceeds to bitch about the lamp facing him.

So then I started ranting about why would he lay in the bed when he knew my light was on and then have the nerve to bitch about it and he got all pissed off and now we are sitting here in an akward silence.

Flame away.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: What\'s my play here? [Roommate question] LONG

I don't think this was too long.

and wow, this is truly awkward. at the moment I think your best play is to wait until the morning, and offer to set some standards for living with one another. it may help to apologize to him before doing this, but only if you think he'll meet you halfway. if he is immature and incapable of settling a dispute, don't try to level with him because he'll only think that you're his bitch. just lay out for him what your needs are. but if he is mature, you shouldn't have a problem.

be friendly. be understanding. but don't forget to be forceful with your own needs.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:50 AM

meh standard issue roomate stuff. Talk about it and move on, or if at all possible, get away for a couple days. If you room with him in the future, try getting a place that has more than 1 giant room. I wanted to kill my first college roomate cuz we lives in one of those one room dorms, we moved into campus apartments the next semester and we got along great for the next couple years. Having your own space REALLY makes living with people a ton easier
Old 12-14-2005, 02:52 AM

Yeah I suppose we will be living together next semester. An apartment will definitely cut down on some of the stress, I bet.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:53 AM

If he's religious than take his Bible/Koran/Torah and write "LMFAO" all over the the pages.

If he's not religious than just change his away message to a tubgirl link one day.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so first semester is winding down and somehow I have not moved out of my dorm room. My roommate and I have been friends since like 7th grade but lately it seems like everything he does drives me up the wall.

Whether it be him sleeping in the middle of the day, forcing me to be quiet or me trying to sleep at 12-1 in the morning and him playing Halo or staying up till 4-5 AM working on papers.

Anyway, tonight some friends of mine came up the room and he opts to get in the bed around 12. I've got my lamp on because I am studying and so then he hops in the bed after turning out the overhead light and then proceeds to bitch about the lamp facing him.

So then I started ranting about why would he lay in the bed when he knew my light was on and then have the nerve to bitch about it and he got all pissed off and now we are sitting here in an akward silence.

Flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is long... That's like 7 whole sentences.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I suppose we will be living together next semester. An apartment will definitely cut down on some of the stress, I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

also you should look at off campus apartments...I Dunno how it is with most school, but where I went to school, it was WAAAAY cheaper to live off campus if you had a roomate.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:57 AM

it's college and in the dorms, this stuff happens to everyone and doesn't mean much. You both apologize in a manly [censored] way and move on

case closed
Old 12-14-2005, 03:05 AM

I agree with Alobar, my first year of college I lived with two other people in a one room dorm. We never really got into any fights but there were times where I would get pissed off at them for being loud late at night or whatever.

I would say sleep it off and then talk to him tomorrow. Make some rules about how late people can be over, if someone is in bed turn the T.V. down or listen to music on headphones stuff like that. Tell each other when people are coming over and if they want to study ask them if they could go to the library or study lounge for a while. Just do the same if he asks you and try to respect each other. Put yourself in his shoes, if he was doing the same thing and it would piss you off, don't do it.

I got through a whole year without any major complications and now those guys are two of my closer friends.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If he's religious than take his Bible/Koran/Torah and write "LMFAO" all over the the pages.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooooh.. good laugh i had right there