Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Re: turning good hands into 72o.

JJ certainly has value from EP. It's certainly worth a limp early in a tourney when the blinds are tiny, and a raise later when everyone tightens up and an UTG raise will grab the blinds.

I actually disagree with you about the assertion that players at stars don't push with crap, there are plenty of hyper-aggresive players in stars multi's at every buy in. However, even if you are correct and you know people aren't likely to come over the top of the a raise with less than QQ-AA then you love JJ in EP.

Especially when the blinds become large I'd toss out a 3 or 4x BB raise with JJ everytime and win a lot of chips when JJ is the best hand out there. (Pretty damn often)

As for open limping with QQ I almost never do, and if I do it is with the intention of limp re-raising if there is a player at the table who has been raising too many pots.

As for AQ in EP I tend to agree with you. But AQ is much much weaker than JJ. I play AQ for an open raise in LP and muck it in EP unless shortstacked in tournies. The exception to this may be if I am in a rebuy or low buy in tourney where people drastically overplay Ax (yes, on stars)