Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Blind steal, turn decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm drawing decent against a mid-pocket pair and I'm drawing very strongly to most split dueces. Aren't those his most likely holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]
How are you drawing decent against a mid-pocket pair? And I don't think it's standard to c/r a duece. You make this player out to be fairly loose and passive. Just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 7 outs against a mid-pocket.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:57 PM

I think you played this wrong on every street. I think I would have folded everywhere especially against a loose / passive.

Secondly the only hand you are drawing against is a pocket pair or 22 and even then he could have you reverse dominated. e.g. 2-K, 2-5 that way you only split if you hit.

He more than likely has a 3 or an A or a pocket pair and you have nowhere near the odds to call considering you are drawing dead vs A/3.

Edit: didn't see gutshot. I think your outs aren't .5 each but gutshot is full value. I wouldn't call here. He is passive so more likely than not your outs aren't good. Also you have to think of reverse implied odds. How often do you hit a K/5 and he bets and you call and you win?

I think you only win if he checks to you and you check behind. 0 implied odds, some reverse implied odds.

True

True
Old 12-20-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm drawing decent against a mid-pocket pair and I'm drawing very strongly to most split dueces. Aren't those his most likely holdings?

[/ QUOTE ]
How are you drawing decent against a mid-pocket pair? And I don't think it's standard to c/r a duece. You make this player out to be fairly loose and passive. Just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 7 outs against a mid-pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops - forgot about the GSD. I noticed it at first, but then I was focusing on the K. Even if it's a mid-PP, you still don't have the odds, though.